Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Name Calling!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't we all be nice!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

So I just want to start out my post by saying that I do enjoy being a member on here. I enjoy the fact where I can make post and get "mostly" good advice from others if my post have to do with getting advice of course. I enjoy making post that are for fun like a fun post in general for say. Most of all, I enjoy the fact that I have a place to come to where I can mingle and talk with other woman and Mommas of course.

That being said. As much as I enjoy the things I do on here, and I am grateful for having a place like CM to come and unwind at the end of the day or during the day when DFiance is at work. What I don't enjoy and what saddens my heart dearly is the "Name Calling" I see so many woman do to each other on here. This should be a safe place for us all to come to Mingle with one another aka Talk amongst each other and get advice and just to have fun, not a playground for those who want to  call others names.

Before someone starts to accuse me of that I must of got "Butt hurt" and takes it to another level of assuming that's why I made this post, well that's NOT the reason. The reason is because I want to put it out there that we NEED TO ALL start acting like mature grown woman, Grow Up and play nice with each other and be supportive of each other in times of needs when we need it the most.

The names I've seen people call each other on here range from words like.............

Crazy, Lunatic, Troll, ect.....................

What are we in Kindergarten? Seriously! Do those of you that use those kind of names actually know what those names mean? Meaning the meaning of them? When someone has to stoop to a all time low of calling someone names than they are just showing who they truly are as a person and they are clearly showing they aren't very classy as a person. Calling others names is actually a form of "Mental" and "Verbal" Abuse by the person doing it to their victim. My Fiance was right when he said words like "Crazy" get thrown around way too much.

Look, I've been guilty of saying it myself and It's something I am NOT proud of and it's something I will be working on from this point forward. I'm NOT perfect and I certainly would sound hypocritical if I said I was and I am NOT.

I've been very sick the last few days so if I get responses I WILL NOT be responding as I have to get to bed soon to try to sleep it off. I have a case of severe Bronchitis and a Upper Respiratory Infection that may possibly be a slight case of Pneumonia. I just wanted to mention that because I'm sure I will get some who will make a comment or two of "Op makes the post and then disappears".  Well, I did because I have NO Intentions of getting into a altercation with anyone on here. I just hope my post will do some good by putting it out there that in reality the "Name Calling" really should stop amongst us all. It can be really hurtful and down right Immature.

Note************ Please take this post with a grain of salt. "If" I see this post start spinning out of control I will take it down all together. If I see a good handful of people who have taken this post as a way to disrespect me I will take it down and pull it. "If" your reading this post and agree with my words of encouragement and wisdom than please by all means give a thumbs up for me. I know a lot of woman may be fearful of making a post like this in fear of the repercussions that may follow with being verbally put down. Yes, I fear that too but, I made this on behalf of those of you like myself who can't seem to even respond to a post without someone calling a deragatory name when they don't agree with what is said.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
godsgirl26
by ♡Charmaine♡ on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree, but what I've learned is to look pass what that person says.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:30 AM

Good point made. Thank you for agreeing with me though. My heart to be honest with you, goes out to those who have such good intentions when it comes to responding to post or makes a legitimate post and then they end up getting verballly attacked with putdowns and name called. I feel super sad when I read responses like that and sometimes just wish I could reach through the computer and give a hug to the person who is a victim of that type of behavior. Thank you for your kind response though with thoughts on this.

Quoting godsgirl26:

I agree, but what I've learned is to look pass what that person says.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:22 AM

BUMP!

DMB41
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Part of me wonders if the name calling takes place because they are on the other side of a computer in the safety of their homes, because they're safely in another part of the country, and/or because they are coming from a point of anonymity. Because realistically, if some of the responses were made to the other person's face, someone's teeth are more often than not going to get knocked down someone's throat. 

And we try or are supposed to try to teach our kids about cyber bullying.  Look at the examples some moms (not all of course) are setting for their own kids. 

I'm 39 and have never heard women, in person, respond to other women (who are genuinely seeking advice from other moms) so cruely. 

I am not one to get into a physical altercation, but I'll tell you what. If some woman made a comment about me or my children like some I see on here to my face..

Let me approach this another way: unless a woman is trained in some form of martial arts and/or carries, I wonder how many would still respond so cruelly and freely to another in person - because you don't know where it might go. 

Maybe a lot or all of them would anyway. I guess only they themselves would know. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Very well worded! Ya know though, I've wondered the same thing if they are indeed only acting the way they do because they are behind a computer and I think that is probably a fact. I mean if we really think about it, when someone is behind a computer they can say anything they want because they know they are safe there. They wouldn't irl have the guts to say it to the real persons face and that's pathetic yet sad at the same time.

Also, I agree about your cyber bullying comment. We as Moms should be the ones setting examples for our children but it seems like a lot of woman on here don't seem to understand or comprehend that in their heads. I don't understand how a grown woman can justify bullying someone else. Makes ya wonder what they are like in real life and that's a scary thought. :(

Quoting DMB41:

Part of me wonders if the name calling takes place because they are on the other side of a computer in the safety of their homes, because they're safely in another part of the country, and/or because they are coming from a point of anonymity. Because realistically, if some of the responses were made to the other person's face, someone's teeth are more often than not going to get knocked down someone's throat. 

And we try or are supposed to try to teach our kids about cyber bullying.  Look at the examples some moms (not all of course) are setting for their own kids. 

I'm 39 and have never heard women, in person, respond to other women (who are genuinely seeking advice from other moms) so cruely. 

I am not one to get into a physical altercation, but I'll tell you what. If some woman made a comment about me or my children like some I see on here to my face..

Let me approach this another way: unless a woman is trained in some form of martial arts and/or carries, I wonder how many would still respond so cruelly and freely to another in person - because you don't know where it might go. 

Maybe a lot or all of them would anyway. I guess only they themselves would know. 

DMB41
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:16 PM

Aww, thank you :) and I hope you're feeling better. You mentioned you weren't feeling well

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Very well worded! Ya know though, I've wondered the same thing if they are indeed only acting the way they do because they are behind a computer and I think that is probably a fact. I mean if we really think about it, when someone is behind a computer they can say anything they want because they know they are safe there. They wouldn't irl have the guts to say it to the real persons face and that's pathetic yet sad at the same time.

Also, I agree about your cyber bullying comment. We as Moms should be the ones setting examples for our children but it seems like a lot of woman on here don't seem to understand or comprehend that in their heads. I don't understand how a grown woman can justify bullying someone else. Makes ya wonder what they are like in real life and that's a scary thought. :(

Quoting DMB41:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

If I see someone is violating CafeMom Guidelines - Rules of Conduct  I click that Report abuse. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Your very welcome :) Thank you for the kind words that you hope I feel better. I appreciate that. Well, I am feeling a slight bit better. I went to Urgent Care yesterday and was diagnosed with a Acute case of Bronchitis. I'm hoping and crossing my fingers though it doesn't turn into Walking pneumonia because my son who is three had it last week. The coughing is the worst and such a inconvenience when it comes to actually getting some sleep :( haha!

Quoting DMB41:

Aww, thank you :) and I hope you're feeling better. You mentioned you weren't feeling well

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting DMB41:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Thank you for sharing that information. I've definetly have used the Report abuse link before when appropriate and needed. I don't like to if I don't have too but rules are rules :)

Quoting Anonymous 2:

If I see someone is violating CafeMom Guidelines - Rules of Conduct  I click that Report abuse. 

jky_67
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 3:28 PM
I agree. I have never called anyone names on any posts/responses (you can check my history, don't know if you can do that or not) and I answer posts as honestly as I can without criticizing, no matter how bad the grammar is or how crazy the posts sound.

What happened to common courtesy? Common decency? Common humanity? We're all mom struggling to survive motherhood. Let's be civil.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)