Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WAHMs....

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:34 AM
  • 4 Replies

Any moms work from home?

1- What kind of work do you do?

2- How many kids and ages?

3- Does SO work? How many hours a week?

4- Does SO help with housework & how so?

5- What's your way of finding balance and time to get work completed?

I have my own wedding and lifestyle photography business. I work mostly at home other than when I'm out shooting which I schedule around DFs schedule. We have two DDs, 4&2months old and his dd6 half of the time.

DF works around 50 hours a week, travels for business every couple of months.

He helps a little here and there with dishes and trash duties. On his days off are spent with older girls while I take care of the baby, catch up on cleaning and work. He does a lot of the cooking and grocery shopping since having the baby.

Im struggling to find time to get back into work mode. I used to do much of my work at home by waking up 2 hours before everyone else. That's not always working out with 2 kids school schedules and an infant who refuses to take a bottle. With a bunch of shoots and wedding season starting next month, I'm stressed and panicking a bit.

by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:35 AM

I did customer service in the past, and also worked as a dispatcher for a local trash company.

I have 4 kids, 14, 13, 9 and 7.  But I started working when my youngest was 4.  I stopped working, when my 9 year was sick last year, as he needed 24/7 care.  He has since recovered, but DH has asked me not to go back to work at this time.

DH is a project manager.  When he is leading a project, he averages 80 hours a week, and will sometimes work several weeks at a time without a day off.  He also travels extensively for his job.  He loves his job, and not willing to leave it for a less demanding job.

When he has the time off, he is very involved with the kids.  He wants to be the one that puts them to bed, reads with them, goes to their activities with them.  I am 100% in charge of maintaining our home. And that is how it was, when I worked as well. 

Quoting Cita2784:

Any moms work from home?

I have my own wedding and lifestyle photography business. I work mostly at home other than when I'm out shooting which I schedule around DFs schedule. We have two DDs, 4&2months old and his dd6 half of the time.

DF works around 50 hours a week, travels for business every couple of months.

He helps a little here and there with dishes and trash duties. On his days off are spent with older girls while I take care of the baby, catch up on cleaning and work. He does a lot of the cooking and grocery shopping since having the baby.

Im struggling to find time to get back into work mode. I used to do much of my work at home by waking up 2 hours before everyone else. That's not always working out with 2 kids school schedules and an infant who refuses to take a bottle. With a bunch of shoots and wedding season starting next month, I'm stressed and panicking a bit.

LeilaBeansMom
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:47 AM
We have a dairy farm. So both my husband and I work together. We have 2 daughters ages 4 & 8.

With farming, you don't have a choice. Cows come first. Before kids even. So I don't have to worry about balancing it myself.
coala
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:54 AM

I work for a tax and lien search company....we do searches on properties that are being sold.

We have 2 kids that are 6 and 9 who are homeschooled

My SO works from home.  Neither of us has set hours....we just work when we need and work until we are done.

Mine thinks he helps more than he does.  He does the occasional load of laundry in the middle of the night and will occasionally wash some dishes or do picking up of our living areas.  It certainly isn't as often as I need the help.  If I need help with dinner....his answer is to pick it up and bring it home.

My balance is that most housework can wait until I get to it, or my kids can pitch in and help out.  Sunday mornings are a down time for us at the moment and my kids look forward to helping me get stuff around the hosue picked up.

My kids have been responsible for several things like picking up after themselves, putting their laundry away, and a list of other stuff they have to take care of on their own to help the running of this house.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:29 AM

I do customer service from home.  
3 kids, 2 are teens still at home, 1 is grown and on his own
No SO
I do what I can when I can.  Try to fit things like cleaning the kitchen/bathrooms in on my lunch break.  Take 5 minutes here and there to swap out loads of laundry, etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)