Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why didn't I blocked my MIL in Facebook

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
I should have listened to you guys. Couple of weeks ago she texted my DH I was an idiot. I wrote a post about it. She has not apologized to DH. About a week ago, MIL called DH, he didn't answer. she left a message in regards this weekend dinner. DH never returned her call. He doesn't want to talk to her. I guess she wanted to know why he didn't call back and also wants to know if I know about the nasty text. She's Facebook me after the nasty text asking about my new puppy. I just responded nicely. Before the weekend happy Easter. I responded same wishes, then asks me why David never return her call? I said, because of the text you sent him couple weeks ago and he feels insulted.
Well that text made her go nuts, she un friend me from Facebook, and sent me some nasty text about how terrible person I am. That i had hurt her with my behavior for no following up with her on time. Out of anger she sent that text but later apologized. Which is not true!!

I told her, this is not the first time something like this happen and then she pretends like nothing happened. I also told her that I saw the texts and there was no apology. As far as the medical stuff I told her I didn't have any response from the doctor. And when I called her she didn't answer. Dh told to me not to call you again. I asked why and he showed me the text.! And your request of not to call you again.

Her response was obviously offensive. She told me she feels sorry for me. She brought up my past marriage, and tha I yelled at her once before DH and I wedding, which is not true but, that's another post. That I have hurt her and other people so many times.

I told her Facebook was not the best way to talk about issues like this, if she wants to call. I'm here. I not a person who screams and insults others. Have blessing day.

Then, she says I twist everything around you'll never have the pleasure of speaking with me again. You don't have any medical issues and she will never put herself in the situation of worring about me again. She doesn't like drama and doesn't want to be yelled at.

I have not responded

Basically is my fault, I should just understand she has a mental disorder. And whenever she wants, she can insult people if she feels offended.
My therapist told me she might have some addiction, or mental disorder.

Should I block her from Facebook and phone.?

Update: thank you ladies for your advise. I finally did it!!! I blocked her and I'm feeling much better. Hope this will be a the start of drama free life

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
J.M.O.
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
You mean you haven't already? She sounds toxic and I'd let my dh deal with her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:29 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:31 PM
I have not. I don't know what to do. DH doesn't want to deal with her

Quoting J.M.O.: You mean you haven't already? She sounds toxic and I'd let my dh deal with her.
1TallMamaCA
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:32 PM
Ask your husband and yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:32 PM
I'm guessing we are going to join her long list of family she doesn't talk to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:35 PM
She is toxic. Mental disorder or you should cut her out of your life and your husband should stand by your side on your choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:52 PM
He says not to contacts her again. As far as blocking her on Facebook, he doesn't care what I do. I want to but I don't know if this is a good idea

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: Ask your husband and yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:59 PM
He wasn't talking to her many years ago when we met. He only did it because of me. I told him the importance of honoring mom. My mom was a wonderful woman, I could never think of never talking her again. He told me your mom is nothing like your mom

Quoting Anonymous 2: She is toxic. Mental disorder or you should cut her out of your life and your husband should stand by your side on your choice.
RonaH
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:02 PM
Just block her and be done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:09 PM
Well, she unfriend me first. But she still messaged me. If I block her she will know

Quoting RonaH: Just block her and be done.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)