Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh He Is Piiisssed! : UPDATE

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 7:49 AM
  • 5 Replies

My husband drives hazardous materials.  He had a spill of a gallon or less yesterday because of faulty equipment.  Equipment that he had reported that needed to be fixed several times. 

Going by the book he called all the propper people and reported it.  He took pictures.  The owner of the lease came out and looked at it and said it was no big deal.  His supervisor came out and wrote up a report.  This all happened at 9:30 yesterday morning.  After all was said and done he didn't get back to the yard until 3:30.  They sent him home until further notice! 

He is pissed!  Granted, they have to do an investigation, but he had the paper work showing his reports and the paperwork showing where his supervisor told him to take that trailer and use it.  They are punishing him for their mistake!

This morning he has a safety meeting.  They have been messing things up since Dan Duncan died and his kids took over.  They change his pay from percentage to hourly a few months ago.  But they are paying other sites a higher hourly rate. It is just all messed up!  He is going to the safety meeting this morning to raise some hell.  Then he is going to apply for a job somewhere else.  Now, I am not worried.  Trucking jobs are a dime a dozen.  But getting a high paying local job with good benefits?  That is another story.  Sow we will just have to see what happens.  I told him to do what ever he needs to do, I am right behind him all the way!

They had some bigwigs from Houston there.  Part of the reason that his yard is getting lower pay is the other drivers are only working ten hours a day and are dropping loads.  My husband has been working fourteen hours a day and he is not getting the pay he deserves.  Well, whatever he said yesterday lit a fire under somebody.  ALL the drivers were in at five this morning.  The drivers are no longer allowed to drop loads and they have to work their twelve to fourteen hours a day.  That will bring up the revenue for his yard and bring up the pay!

by on May. 5, 2015 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
armywifey1983
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

He has a paper trail proving he has attempted (several times) to have the equipment fixed, and each time it was ignored. If they ignore that and he's let go, fight that tooth and nail. Tell him to make sure he has his own copies of the reports, so they don't 'accidentally' go missing when it comes time to investigate.

amberNewman0213
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:43 PM
HATE that about the trucking Industry. Good companies can be hard to come by and the bad ones blame drivers for there fuck ups.

My hubs is a trucker and h
That is True day cab positions are extremely hard to find much less a decent one. Hubs went to daycare and is going back otr cause he has to work 16 hour days 6 days a week. That's not even worth coming home for!
PogoPalOj
by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:50 PM

He is anal about keeping copies of EVERYTHING.  They just have him off while they do the investigation.  But since he has the paper work they have to pay him for his off time.  He is still applying for the other job.  They can't fire him for this, but it looks like it is becoming a nowhere job.  

Quoting armywifey1983:

He has a paper trail proving he has attempted (several times) to have the equipment fixed, and each time it was ignored. If they ignore that and he's let go, fight that tooth and nail. Tell him to make sure he has his own copies of the reports, so they don't 'accidentally' go missing when it comes time to investigate.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2015 at 4:02 PM

What a pain! I'm glad he's not sitting back and taking that treatment!

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on May. 6, 2015 at 4:23 PM

That is really cool your DH has a loving and supportive wife!! Im really sorry your DH has to go through the BS expecially since he followed proper business protocal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)