Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Attention seeking?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:35 PM
  • 33 Replies
So 3 times in the last 3 weeks, 2 times this week alone my daughter has come home from school with wet pants I asked her why she peed herself and said I didn't want to miss recess well today I had her take her booster seat down to the wash room so I could wash it and she peed on my floor. I guess when she spends time at her dad's she does it there to I have tried grounding her to no avail and I just have no clue what to do.
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:40 PM
Bump
meome
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:41 PM
Not sure here is another bump for you
mama2ameira
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:42 PM
How old
tecnogroovymom
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:44 PM

she is 7 and a half

Quoting mama2ameira: How old

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 8:44 PM
This... Following to see what others think. It's always good to learn something new

Quoting mama2ameira: How old
xoxlpkrxox
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this

It could be a medical issue. At that age, if it just started I would take her to the doctor. I have a friend who's daughter was having kidney issues, and it was causing her to pee her pants. Just a thought. 

tecnogroovymom
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 8:57 PM

I was planning to call dr. tomorrow just to rule out any medical issues

nicetry11
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a control thing. You can't ground her for peeing on herself. I would buy training underware and explain that since she does not want to use the toilet, she needs to wear pull-ups. When she wets, you should make her clean up everything including putting her own cloths in the wash and washing herself. Do not punish her. If it's control, the punishment will not work.

Also--- are you sure ahe doent have a medical problem or could someone be abusing her when she is away from you? I'm sorry to even go there, but when a child of that age wets, it could be a signal of abuse. I hope everything is ok.
Chipmunkmommy
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:15 PM
This exactly!

Quoting nicetry11: Sounds like a control thing. You can't ground her for peeing on herself. I would buy training underware and explain that since she does not want to use the toilet, she needs to wear pull-ups. When she wets, you should make her clean up everything including putting her own cloths in the wash and washing herself. Do not punish her. If it's control, the punishment will not work.

Also--- are you sure ahe doent have a medical problem or could someone be abusing her when she is away from you? I'm sorry to even go there, but when a child of that age wets, it could be a signal of abuse. I hope everything is ok.
tecnogroovymom
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Right now I am not sure it isn't medical that is why I'm m calling her pediatrician tomorrow also to weed out any possible advise. I think I will try the pull ups

Quoting nicetry11: Sounds like a control thing. You can't ground her for peeing on herself. I would buy training underware and explain that since she does not want to use the toilet, she needs to wear pull-ups. When she wets, you should make her clean up everything including putting her own cloths in the wash and washing herself. Do not punish her. If it's control, the punishment will not work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)