Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think we might have bedbugs!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

So we just moved into this house about 3 weeks ago.  At first we noticed some red bumps on my youngest daughter, tht itched.  At first we thought maybe from the grass, or stress of new home..Took her to the doctor to rule out measles or something contagious.  Dr said she did not know what they were, thought it could be hives, said it wasnt contagious or bed bug or mesquito bites.  Then my older daugher had some of the same red welty bumps.  In the last two days both my husband and I have gotten some.  Some of the bites are in a straight line which is a sign of bed bugs according to the internet. 

I am soo made atm.  The lease said this house was supposed to be pest free and it wasnt.  When we were moving in we saw a few roaches, like 4.  After moving in, at night you can see lot more evidence.  We bought all kinds of sprays, gel, etc to deal with the problem.. Have plans to get terminix in for it as soon as we can afford it  ( which will be June unfortunately)   and now this.. Bed bugs.. what the hell.. Ive never had any kind of bugs let alone bed bugs.  I am tired of kids being bit and dont care to be a bugs dinner myself know what I mean.   We used all our savings to move into this house and dont have money to move again, even if we could break the lease.  We are going to get the stuff and try to treat this our selves but from what I read its hard to do yourself, and getting proffessionals can cost 1000s and we dont have the money for it.  Right now im so disgusted, mad, and depressed.  UGH...

Anyone ever had bedbugs?  How did you deal with it?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 7, 2015 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2015 at 11:01 AM

I've never had them, but my oldest son's father did. They had to get rid of all of their furniture and call in pest control. It was pretty bad.

I've heard that using bug bombs can make it worse, so be sure you read up on what can really work before you try anything yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 8, 2015 at 1:54 PM
I had them. We bough a spray from home depot that worked excellent & got thing you pit between your mattress & box spring to catch them in. Once they get in they can't get out
eclaudin
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 3:34 PM
There is no reason YOU should be paying for this problem. Your landlord leased you a pest free unit and isn't living up to their end of the bargain. Demand he takes care of the problem or lets you out of the lease with s complete refund including.moving expenses. If they won't, then contact your local housing authority. Your landlord has to abide by rules as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 8, 2015 at 4:02 PM
In the process of dealing with them now. My attached neighbor has them and is completely ignoring the problem. Buy climb ups for your beds and make sure the bed doesn't touch the wall and the sheets stay off the floor. They will get stuck in the climb ups. You can also get dematious earth to kill them. It's a powder that dries them out. Good luck. If your house is a single you can do this on your own. If it's not and you have attached neighbors they have them too and you'll be screwed until they deal with it too. Also. Wash and dry everything on high heat. That kills them. Good luck.
Asriel82
by Member on May. 9, 2015 at 3:50 AM

there is a powder you can buy to put everywhere, and its edible too they make it in edible grade, also heat LOTS AND LOTS of heat, put your clothing in trash bags and let them suckers roast, also any furniture you have though is just toast, its hard to get them out of furniture because you cant take curniture or stuffed animals apart. but heat that apartment up like its the sun because they will fry, it may take a few to get rid of them with this method but it will work,

diataomaceous earth is what the powered is called, throw that shit on everything surface you can find or think of, we hired an exterminator and got rid of them, they put all of the belongings that we have in huge industrial heaters which also can kinda be pricey but ou can rent those aswell. I would getthe good grade earth though too and eat that up they hate it.

matress covers for your beds til the problem can be fixed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)