Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girl Scouts: Boys who ‘identify’ as girls, are girls.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

This irritates me.

"The Girl Scouts of America is the latest institution to adopt the LGBTIQA (ever notice how that acronym keeps getting longer) agenda. The Girl Scouts have officially amended their policy to extend membership to boys who identify as girls.

The Girl Scout of Americawebsite, now states: “If the child is recognized by the family and school/community as a girl and lives culturally as a girl, then Girl Scouts is an organization that can serve her in a setting that is both emotionally and physically safe.”

Girls participating in the scouts will now be obliged to recognize transgenderism as a normal lifestyle. American Family Association has attacked the decision and pointed out some fairly obvious issues surrounding an organization such as the Girl Scouts losing a moral compass.  “Boys in skirts, boys in make-up and boys in tents will become a part of the program. This change will put young innocent girls at risk,” the group said. No one ever seems to wonder what affect on society, present and future, 6-year old girls having to wonder, “why are there boys in here using the bathroom with me?” will one day have."

http://americanconservativesofcolor.com/flash_post/girl-scouts-boys-who-identify-as-girls-are-girls/

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2015 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tonysgurl05
by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:37 PM
I don't agree with it at all. To each their own but it's GIRL Scouts not for anyone with a penis they can go to BOY scouts that what it's for. And I wouldn't let my daughter use the bathroom with a boy or sleep in a tent with one either. Gay or not it's still a boy and should treated as such
jendawgrox2004
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:45 PM

I don't have time nor a need to get into a huge disagreement, but I do want to point out that transgender is not the same thing as gay.

Op, I think it is a great idea to include transgender girls in the girl scouts. I am a huge supporter of LGBTQA. The acronym gets longer in order to be inclusive to all. I don't think there is anything wrong with accepting more people into a community. Q stands for questioning and A stands for asexual. Everyone needs a place to belong and this community helps provide that. Have a nice night!

Quoting Tonysgurl05: I don't agree with it at all. To each their own but it's GIRL Scouts not for anyone with a penis they can go to BOY scouts that what it's for. And I wouldn't let my daughter use the bathroom with a boy or sleep in a tent with one either. Gay or not it's still a boy and should treated as such

PinkGlitterBomb
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:14 PM
That's fantastic!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 18, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Quoting Tonysgurl05: I don't agree with it at all. To each their own but it's GIRL Scouts not for anyone with a penis they can go to BOY scouts that what it's for. And I wouldn't let my daughter use the bathroom with a boy or sleep in a tent with one either. Gay or not it's still a boy and should treated as such

Agreed.

I think it's silly that you can just decide you "identify" with whatever floats your boat and accept everyone to fall in line with you.

I watch a lot of "doctor dramas" on tv.  I guess I'll just choose to identify myself as one since I admire them so much.  I want everyone to accept me as a Doctor and address me as one.  Of course I don't expect to be given operating privileges, but I want to dress in scrubs and have a stethoscope and name badge.  YOU have to accept it and embrace it because I have chosen to identify with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 18, 2015 at 8:58 PM

And can I be a cat? And say meow everytime someone talks to me? Can I also demand that people adopt me as a pet, too? In all seriousness, what is going on? I cannot wrap my head around it at all.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Agreed.

I think it's silly that you can just decide you "identify" with whatever floats your boat and accept everyone to fall in line with you.

I watch a lot of "doctor dramas" on tv.  I guess I'll just choose to identify myself as one since I admire them so much.  I want everyone to accept me as a Doctor and address me as one.  Of course I don't expect to be given operating privileges, but I want to dress in scrubs and have a stethoscope and name badge.  YOU have to accept it and embrace it because I have chosen to identify with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 18, 2015 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
A fuckin mess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 19, 2015 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Our society is so warped

. I will just state my opinion and I'm going to be condemned for it.

Let me explain to you that is not okay- I am the mother of a little girl if she was in Girl Scouts with a bunch of little boys I would pull her out for her safety-I have a little boy and if he was in Boy Scouts with a bunch of little girls I would pull him out for his safety. Because whether these little boys and little girls feel like they are the opposite gender until they have their operation -they are legally little boys and legally little girls. !!

Does the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of America comprehend the repercussions of this choice? Do you know how many sexual assault charges could be just made up against these children?!

My daughter will not be sharing a tent with little boys and my son will not be sharing a tent with little girls point blank!

I get it -we live in a society where certain things are acceptable that weren't in the past- but I'm not from the old school generation .I am 27 years old and I am not okay with this.

There's too many legal consequences & legal risks with this choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 19, 2015 at 8:14 AM
So? Who does it hurt?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 19, 2015 at 8:15 AM
What safety issues would you be concerned about?

Quoting Anonymous 3: Our society is so warped

. I will just state my opinion and I'm going to be condemned for it.

Let me explain to you that is not okay- I am the mother of a little girl if she was in Girl Scouts with a bunch of little boys I would pull her out for her safety-I have a little boy and if he was in Boy Scouts with a bunch of little girls I would pull him out for his safety. Because whether these little boys and little girls feel like they are the opposite gender until they have their operation -they are legally little boys and legally little girls. !!

Does the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of America comprehend the repercussions of this choice? Do you know how many sexual assault charges could be just made up against these children?!

My daughter will not be sharing a tent with little boys and my son will not be sharing a tent with little girls point blank!

I get it -we live in a society where certain things are acceptable that weren't in the past- but I'm not from the old school generation .I am 27 years old and I am not okay with this.

There's too many legal consequences & legal risks with this choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 19, 2015 at 8:15 AM

I'm so glad I no longer have girls in Girl Scouting.  I cannot support this decision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)