• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Idk if i should slap the b**** or walk away!

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:47 PM
  • 39 Replies
Sorry for how long this is but I have to get this out!
Ok I have this friend that recently got married after being with the guy 10yrs. I've known both her and him for the entire duration. To be completely honest I think he's too nice for her. But to my point... She has been coming to me for a year now asking for advice, crying on my shoulder, and just needing support. I've been there through it all. See as far as I've known they have been trying to get pregnant for this year and she's been really torn up that she hasn't yet. I'm talking midnight crying phone calls, emergency I just need a hug drama. I've been there and done it without question. My husband and I had a tough time ttc, hormone injections, tww prayers and tears. I know exactly what she was going through! or so I thought... She comes to me today... They just got back from their honeymoon, and I offer up that maybe the honeymoon was the magic time and to keep her hopes up... Her reply was ' no I know it's not. We're married now I can stop pretending!...'
Me: pretending what?
Her: I never went off birth control!
I ask Her exactly what she way meaning, she giggles and says she's been letting him think they were trying but that she stayed on birth control and that she NEVER wanted kids!
I feel absolute used! And I can't even start to describe how I feel for that poor man! Omg!
But now this leaves me in a god awful situation, I feel like it isn't my place to tell him but how am I ever supposed to look him in the eye again knowing what I know?
And what the hell do I do about her?
I should add she is in her 30's and should darn well know better!
by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rebecca7708
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:49 PM
It's going to catch up to her.
offrdngal
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:50 PM
4 moms liked this
If I were you, I would just walk away from this mess. It's not your place to get involved, by telling him. You also don't need to get yourself stuck in more of her schemes. Walk away and don't look back.
mona165
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:50 PM
Well, your right, it isn't your place... and you can lol him in the eye, just do it... I honestly would be mad with her for never telling me, and using me, but I wouldn't act like a child and go telling her husband.
donnag013
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:56 PM
7 moms liked this

I'd feel an obligation to tell him, especially since I knew him well. Then I'd drop the bitch like a hot potato. She used you, and you owe her nothing. Why not let her husband in on the secret that could ruin his life? He deserves to make that choice himself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 17, 2015 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Drop her and tell him. That's extremely fxcked up.
jack90
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry but he needs to know. Maybe she is not the one and maybe there is someone else out their who will give him babies. His life is being messed with and you should say something. I would not tell him over the phone maybe go out for lunch or something.

Atwitsend93
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I just don't understand why she would even bother having all of those fake conversations with you? What did she gain from that? Maybe she did that so you could be "her witness" at how upset she was about not getting pregnant so he would never suspect anything? But if that was the case then why would she even tell you she's been lying this whole time.. She is crazy. I would tell him the truth and then never talk to either of them again because your whole relationship with her is a lie.
texashempress
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:24 PM
That's how I feel exactly, she tricked him into marrying her for what I see. But since my husband and him are close too I think he should probably be the one to tell him. I haven't told my dh for exactly that reason though. I know it's the first thing he'll do. I just don't want to be in this situation. Obviously she fooled me for 10yrs into thinking she was a totally different person.

Quoting jack90:

Sorry but he needs to know. Maybe she is not the one and maybe there is someone else out their who will give him babies. His life is being messed with and you should say something. I would not tell him over the phone maybe go out for lunch or something.

Toonkasmommy
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:28 PM
I'd tell him
jack90
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Aww I'm sorry to hear that. And yes that is probably a better idea. Tell your Dh and let him say something. It would be allot more better hearing it from him. I feel so bad for men who get stuck with women like that. SMH For someone who had trouble making babies it's insulting for her to do something like that.

Quoting texashempress: That's how I feel exactly, she tricked him into marrying her for what I see. But since my husband and him are close too I think he should probably be the one to tell him. I haven't told my dh for exactly that reason though. I know it's the first thing he'll do. I just don't want to be in this situation. Obviously she fooled me for 10yrs into thinking she was a totally different person.
Quoting jack90:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)