Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

freedom of speech/religion violation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Ok, so at work I was asked about a post(it was up for less then 24 hrs, no likes or comments so i deleted it), in it asked if anyone from my church would like to come up to my job and pray w/me!
Well, anyways, several days later my boss confronts me w/this in front of everyone! Clearly not happy, proceeds to tell me I could not pray on the floor, I would have to go somewhere private! Being a lifelong christian, I was more than upset but regardless I said nothing. I grabbed my belongings and walked out, quit my job!
Mind you this company is supossily ran by a christian and its open to the public, its a retail store! What would you have done? Just curious on everyones take!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2015 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Boss broke management rule #1. Never discipline an employee where others(employees and/or customers) can see. I won't have quit though. Just complained about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Does your contract allow you time for praying? Does your work have a public area designated for praying? Why do you think that praying is an appropriate thing to do in a workplace?

jjames1990
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:19 AM
I had an employee who prayed every time her coworkers took a smoke break. It was comical to me.

I had a boss who use to sing gospel music and dance around me, because she found out I was an atheist and she didn't want the devil to leave me and stick to her.

I just ignore religion in the workplace.

I think your boss was out of line and I wouldn't have quit.
tanyainmizzou
by Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Your freedom of speech or religion was not violated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)