Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B.O. Baby

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:24 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am currently babysitting a friends 7 month old, he is a really good happy kid, and honestly having him over has made my older two stop fightning and easier to deal with. The problem though is that this kid reeks, It took a week for me to stop feeling uncomfortable changin his diapers so i totally did not want to give him a bath, but on the way to my daughters school this morning he stunk so bad I had to have the windows down cause it was making me gag. I finally gave in and washed him. 

He was in the same footie pjs he was in three days ago so I had to wash those before I put them back on him as they smell like a mix of cat urine, sour milk, and sweat. While washing him I noticed that a dirt patch that was on his feet a week and a half ago was still there! I know its the same one cause my daughter pointed out that it was shaped funny and its exactly the same. The water coming off him was a greyish black :/ Its really sad since he is such a cute kid.

I know both parents work weekdays, and they dont come and get him until 6, but they still have to eat when they get home and it wouldnt be hard to bathe him while one parent cooks. Then again I also know that when they get home the dad immediatly gets on his video games so his mom is pretty much doing everything herself at home. 

I know they dont stink so I dont see how they dont have a hard time with it.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
YoungMama93
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Unfortunately, some parents just don't bathe their kids as much as they really should. Have you said anything to the parents? Maybe they didn't realize just how bad it was?

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I'd say something to the parents along the lines of "Oh, I hope you don't mind, I gave him a bath and washed his clothes." Maybe they'll get the hint.

SweetPea2004
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:32 PM
I would say something to them or kindly throw out there you will bathe him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)