Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling super bitter...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I just had my third child about 10 weeks ago. I'm still not healed completely but tomorrow morning at 5:30 I'm going in to get my tubes tied and have an ablation. This is making me extremely bitter towards DH. I went through hell to have our children and my body has really taken some hits. I was hoping DH would get a vasectomy but he's "too scared." I have never been put under before. I'M scared and tired of birth control being completely on me. A vasectomy would be a less serious procedure and I can just heal from giving birth. My doctor has asked 3 times if he could just get it done because I have other medical issues that make healing slower and surgery not the best option for me. But no this was the only other option. Tubal or risk having another child. I really wanted him to step up and just take one for the team and have my body sit out for once but have just been let down. Tomorrows going to suck.

Update: Well I went in this morning and had both procedures done. Truthfully, it wasn't that bad at all and surgery went great no problems. I'm still a little upset I had to be the one to do this but glad it's over and we can move on. DH really isn't that bad but sometimes he has his moments lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ready4happiness
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this
If you have medical issues he needs to step up. I would tell him he either gets it done. It's a simple office procedure, he would just be sore for a few days or no sex. Simple as that. Why should women always be the ones to have the procedures. Stick to your guns. You have done enough.
hannmc14
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 9:23 AM

That is odd to me bc my dh is all for getting a vasectomy in order for me not to have to undergo a tubal and I have no medical problems at all. I think he would be extremely mad at me if I were in your situation and I even considered having surgery. I couldn't imagine being married to someone that seemed to care so little about my health and well being. I hope everything goes alright and maybe he will come to his senses and just suck it up and get the procedure done. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2015 at 9:25 AM
I'm in the same boat. Its really making me hate men. They have a simple option and we go through hell. So is completely selfish. It looks like I'm getting a tubal too :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2015 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this

You should have told your husband you don't want have to have sex with him anymore because your "scared" of getting pregnant.  No sex = No more babies

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:50 AM

this is pretty typical of men - God forbid someone touch their balls !!  By all means let us have a full on surgery and all

My DH is the same way... mind you he's not the father of my daughter, but he does not want any children, and we're getting older - My IUD has to be revomed soon and I"m also aiming for tube tying and ablation - since one of us has to get 'her done - and he refuses to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Sounds like you got a real man. Mine won't do any research and give me one good reason as to why he refuses, he just says he will never let anyone touch his balls. As long as he has that attitude I can't help but see him as a selfish little man child.

Quoting hannmc14:

That is odd to me bc my dh is all for getting a vasectomy in order for me not to have to undergo a tubal and I have no medical problems at all. I think he would be extremely mad at me if I were in your situation and I even considered having surgery. I couldn't imagine being married to someone that seemed to care so little about my health and well being. I hope everything goes alright and maybe he will come to his senses and just suck it up and get the procedure done. 

DJsmama34
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:57 AM

tell him to be a man and get it done. that ur body cant handle it. if he wont then tell him no sex

pyper379
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 2:26 PM
You really need to talk to your husband and tell him your feelings that you wrote here. If he still doesn't come around tell him your going to try absence as birth control
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2015 at 2:36 PM
Why would you put yourself through such a procedure with your medical issues??? Tell him step up or abstinence
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)