Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is why you keep sick kids at home!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:04 PM
  • 65 Replies

This! This is why you don't bring your sick kid to the park. This is why, even if they are feeling and looking better, you keep them home until the doctor says they aren't contagious anymore. Because you decided your child was more important than everyone he came into contact with, my baby is covered head to toe in a blistering rash. You see those blisters on his hands? The same type are on his groin. Saying, "Oh, it's Hand Foot and Mouth disease, but he's not contagious."  when he clearly is? What is WRONG with you? It's HIGHLY contagious. How many other babies and toddlers from that park are stuck inside for the next week or more? How many other children are suffering like my poor little guy? And you know what really sucks? This was supposed to be his first Halloween. He learned to walk just in time and has been asking me to put things in his candy bucket for the last week. Now? We get to stay in, watching the parade of kids six stories below. Yeah, he won't know what he's missing, but I will. When we see you at the playground again, you best beleive I'm going to give you an earful! I hope the other mothers do too! What's WRONG with you?

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FBomber76
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:06 PM
People suck
mamasunshine200
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
People think school is free daycare. Inconsiderate people drive me nuts.
phoenix7
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:10 PM

do you honestly know where it came from? just asking

"hippy" mamma to lots of lovies

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:10 PM
Yup. Keep the kid inside. Away from fresh air and the Prudential to get better faster
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
They are allowed back when they are on antibiotics for 24hrs.

As long as my kid is not throwing up and vomiting with runny poop they will go to school.. end of story
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:16 PM
They are allowed back when they are on antibiotics for 24hrs.

As long as my kid is not throwing up and vomiting with runny poop they will go to school.. end of story
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:17 PM
Actually fresh air will do them better then being stuck in side and laying in bed all day.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yup. Keep the kid inside. Away from fresh air and the Prudential to get better faster
quidon
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:19 PM

That's actually why I'm so angy. A VERY rashy 3 year old at the park. His mom even said it was HFMD but that it wasn't contagious. It's viral and SUPER contagious while the rash is still open, which his clearly was.

Quoting phoenix7:

do you honestly know where it came from? just asking

MrsViau
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:20 PM
Lmao. I'm sorry, but this made me laugh. You cannot control what happens with other people. Kids need to be out, even when they are sick. And how do you know they hadn't been inside for however long they are supposed to be. Maybe the mom thought they were no longer contagious. Sucks that your kid got sick, but he could have picked it up from anywhere.
quidon
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not against fresh air for sick kids, I'm against them interacting with other kids while they are contagious. A walk or playing in your own yard is one thing, but the park? 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Actually fresh air will do them better then being stuck in side and laying in bed all day.
Quoting Anonymous 1: Yup. Keep the kid inside. Away from fresh air and the Prudential to get better faster

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)