Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, can I NOT ADULT anymore? Please? *rant*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Ok. Here goes. It's rambling, and i don't care.

I'm not excited about this pregnancy. And I should be. It's my last. But... i just can't get happy about it. Everyone else is SO STOKED and I just plaster on a smile and nod a lot. (yes i am aware this probably makes me a super shitty person. got it)

My gran was diagnosed with ccancer earlier last week, and was put into a home to try and build strength to handle radiation. Which... that won't end well as she also has end stage COPD. She's not going to be here to meet this baby. I am going to lose both of my grandmothers within a year of each other.

Home is exhausting and stressful b/c the kids are havnig a hard time with this transition of baby. Which i think is why I can't get excited about it. I mean when we told them, they were pissed. I thought they would be excited.

DH is either asleep or at work. (Heworks nights and sleeps all day long)

I don't know when the last time I had friends over or went somewhere. I just work, and home. that's it. ever.

Family is freaking out about gran. And I just can't mentally deal with it anymore.

Job... wow. they fired another girl (LITERALLY no reason. It makes me a bit worried about my job security to be honest) . I may not be moving stores as promised. since she left i had all of her shit dumped on my desk and i have been scrambling to pick it up. and figure it out.

Today has been stressful, and frustrating, and I AM OVER IT. I don't want to adult anymore. I want to nap and watch tv and not talk to humans.

/end rant/

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ricksmama
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:22 PM
Sorry your having such a rough time right now,you really need a mama's day out. God bless your grandma.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I'm not excited about this pregnancy. And I should be. It's my last. But... i just can't get happy about it. Everyone else is SO STOKED and I just plaster on a smile and nod a lot. (yes i am aware this probably makes me a super shitty person. got it)

My gran was diagnosed with ccancer earlier last week, and was put into a home to try and build strength to handle radiation. Which... that won't end well as she also has end stage COPD. She's not going to be here to meet this baby. I am going to lose both of my grandmothers within a year of each other.

Home is exhausting and stressful b/c the kids are havnig a hard time with this transition of baby. Which i think is why I can't get excited about it. I mean when we told them, they were pissed. I thought they would be excited.

I don't know when the last time I had friends over or went somewhere. I just work, and home. that's it. ever.

Family is freaking out about gran. And I just can't mentally deal with it anymore.

Job... wow. they fired another girl (LITERALLY no reason. It makes me a bit worried about my job security to be honest) . I may not be moving stores as promised. since she left i had all of her shit dumped on my desk and i have been scrambling to pick it up. and figure it out.

Today has been stressful, and frustrating, and I AM OVER IT. I don't want to adult anymore. I want to nap and watch tv and not talk to humans.

/end rant/

MissMackiesgg
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Can I join you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Thank you. I think my gran is the part that's hitting me the most honestly :(

Quoting Ricksmama: Sorry your having such a rough time right now,you really need a mama's day out. God bless your grandma.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

/end rant/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Most definitely.

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Can I join you?

Ricksmama
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:30 PM
Take time to go see her an take pictures of you pregnant with her so one day you can tell your baby how special she was

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Thank you. I think my gran is the part that's hitting me the most honestly :(

Quoting Ricksmama: Sorry your having such a rough time right now,you really need a mama's day out. God bless your grandma.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

/end rant/

MyHeartDA
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:35 PM
Take a day off, while nobody is home or dh is sleeping, veg out, watch a movie on demand, eat, sleep or rest... I have done this and it feels so good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Mobile Photo

Hugs
Things will get better, live in the moment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2015 at 9:01 AM

I cried for a while last night, and vented everything to DH. Told him that he has days where i stay home and get stuff done, and he goes out with friends.... I NEED a day where it's just me. Not going to do something with him and the kids, or him and his friends or him the kids and my family... I just need a day with ME MYSELF AND I. If i want to sit in my underwear and stare at netflix for 6 hours. perfect. if i want to go to barnes and noble and read for 6 hours, perfect... just something. something FOR Me...

Quoting MyHeartDA: Take a day off, while nobody is home or dh is sleeping, veg out, watch a movie on demand, eat, sleep or rest... I have done this and it feels so good.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 10:03 AM

it's a really rough patch you're going through and I totally feel what you're feeling. I'm in a mood too where I wish I could hide in a pillow fort instead of living my daily life / grind / chores.

Hopefully things will get better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)