Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

shocked

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:16 AM
  • 19 Replies
Simple terms hubby told our 4 children they were accidents not planned to be born. How do i teach they to cope with this.... heartbroken.........
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KAmamaJ
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:17 AM
How old are they and why are they heartbroken? 50% of all pregnancies in the US are unplanned, so it's not exactly uncommon.

My brother and I were unplanned, doubly so because we're twins. It's not a big deal, just how things happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goingcrazy4530
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:01 AM
Our child ren are 19,17only girl,14,11 the 14 and 11 took it pretty hard, and with the whole story. Hubby is emotionally abusive he says things in anger and never yes i said never appologizes for it. Thinks that what is said is trueful and dos_t need to appologizes for it.. it all started when i came home from work all the kids seemed upset and hubby snappy arguement between hubbyand our 17 year old daughter , which said she wished she was never born, and hubby replied that she and her brothers were accidents he never planned for them. Ps they are not heartbroken I am.
hannmc14
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:59 AM

That is bad but you can explain to them that being unplanned isn't the same thing as being unloved. I wasn't planned but I never doubted that I was loved because they explained that just because they didn't plan me doesn't mean that they weren't excited that I was coming and they wouldn't change it. To be honeset your children will probably need therapy if you are raising them with someone that is abusive and especially if this isn't new behavior and the way he has always been towards them. 

DJsmama34
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

so tell them that they were surprises and not accidents. i think it would be time to kick his ass out and file for divorce

helen491
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:36 AM
I had my daugher at 18 and she is now 18. I think she figured for herself that she wasnt planned. But she knows for sure that shes wanted and loved. Why are you still with him?
DisabledVet
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Why did he say that? 

My Dad told me that once and I said OK and walked away. Never bothered me as I thought most kids were accidents.

DisabledVet
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:44 PM

Why are you still with this man?

Quoting Goingcrazy4530: Our child ren are 19,17only girl,14,11 the 14 and 11 took it pretty hard, and with the whole story. Hubby is emotionally abusive he says things in anger and never yes i said never appologizes for it. Thinks that what is said is trueful and dos_t need to appologizes for it.. it all started when i came home from work all the kids seemed upset and hubby snappy arguement between hubbyand our 17 year old daughter , which said she wished she was never born, and hubby replied that she and her brothers were accidents he never planned for them. Ps they are not heartbroken I am.

Magical_Mommy92
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 12:44 PM
That's awful
Suckit90
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:15 PM
My 7 year old knows she want planned but that little girl knows she's loved and wanted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:55 PM
I'm one of 4 and know I was the only one planned. Big deal.

My oldest knows he was a birth control failure. He doesn't care...he knows he's loved.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)