Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be upset?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I was thinking about getting my DHs name tattooed on my ring finger for our anniversary but I have just found out that his ex did the same thing. She did it as a surprise for him years ago and at the time he loved it as it symbolised that they would be together forever. Obviously at ths time they thought it was and I have no issues with that.

What gets to me is that without knowing I had the same idea as her. That and I now know that my DHs name is permanently marked on another womans body. I know that it is not his fault it is there and that it doesnt mean anything anymore, I guess I just wanted to get it off my chest. Its a silly thing to get upset over and it will pass eventually. I just have a broken brain. lol
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:03 AM

I would not be upset really.. That was in the past, and he is with you now. She should feel bad, because she has to walk around with another man's name on her finger that she is not even with anymore..  

Theresa1209
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:17 AM

I'm sure that's bothersome.  You're right, it will pass.  You can't help how you feel, just be sure to let the feelings take their course and don't take it on your DH.

DJsmama34
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:49 AM

i wouldnt be upset but its not a good idea to get ur spouse's name tattooed on u. its actually a bad thing to do because if things dont work out then ur stuck with their name on u

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Personally, I would NEVER get another person's name tattooed on myself. If things don't work out, you'll have it there forever (or go through the painful process of having it removed with laser treatments).

Perhaps another tattoo that is symbolic of your relationship would be better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh... I can kinda understand. It's a weird jealousy thing. It's not just you, I do it too. My dh will just roll his eyes and go 'You're really mad at something that happened before I met you?' and I remember how silly it is. It's not even that I get mad, I just - don't like knowing someone else ever meant that much to him. Weird, I know. I just remind myself that I'm his dw now and that's all that matters lol.

bresmommy21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:10 PM

I have to say I would NEVER EVER get another persons name on my body again. I have my ex's on the back of my shoulder. My husband was bothered by it when we first got together and still is to this day. We had planned to get it covered, just havent had the time or money. People come and go, tattoos dont. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:13 PM
I never actually thought of it like tgat! :)

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I would not be upset really.. That was in the past, and he is with you now. She should feel bad, because she has to walk around with another man's name on her finger that she is not even with anymore..  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:14 PM
I do my best never to take it out on him but I am very lucky in that if I do bring it up he is very understanding and just tells me I am being silly and it usually helps!

Quoting Theresa1209:

I'm sure that's bothersome.  You're right, it will pass.  You can't help how you feel, just be sure to let the feelings take their course and don't take it on your DH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:16 PM
I'm beginning to think that its definitely the kiss of death and not a good idea at all. lol

Quoting DJsmama34:

i wouldnt be upset but its not a good idea to get ur spouse's name tattooed on u. its actually a bad thing to do because if things dont work out then ur stuck with their name on u

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:17 PM
Thats a really good idea actually and probably the one Im going to go with. I 'm realising that a name is not the best idea!! :)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Personally, I would NEVER get another person's name tattooed on myself. If things don't work out, you'll have it there forever (or go through the painful process of having it removed with laser treatments).

Perhaps another tattoo that is symbolic of your relationship would be better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)