Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They are all dead....grrrrr

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

So we have a fish tank, 4 glass fish, 2 gold fish, a white cloud and a guppy and an algae eater. 

ALL found dead today.

apparently the heater went wacko and when it reached the correct temp didn't stop my tank is so hot the sticker thermometer isn't even reading them temp anymore.

GRRR now to take it all down and clean it out and deside if I even want to start over agian.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cali_gurl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry. Poor fishies!

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 12:32 AM

Sorry. We've been there ... we went out to dinner and came home to a rather nasty smelling house. Thank goodness it was the living room where the windows could be opened. 

ptkds
by Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 8:11 AM
I once had a couple of gold fish that had survived a couple of years. They were 3-4 inches long. We also had a huge algae eater. We moved and I set up a new tank. The water was in there for a couple of days before we put them in there and they were fine. A few weeks later, I added water to the tank and both goldfish died. Apparently, the tap water in our new town kills fish. Needless to say, we only use bottled water for fish now!
Momtoone07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 8:16 AM
Poor fishys. That really sucks. We had a heater quit once and killed three of our fish. That is when I went to fish that don't require heat. Lol
Momtoone07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 8:18 AM
My cousin poured his milk from his cereal into my mom's tank and turned up the heater. We all left for our family function and returned to fish chowder.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Sorry. We've been there ... we went out to dinner and came home to a rather nasty smelling house. Thank goodness it was the living room where the windows could be opened. 

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Ewwww

Quoting Momtoone07: My cousin poured his milk from his cereal into my mom's tank and turned up the heater. We all left for our family function and returned to fish chowder.
Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Momtoone07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
It makes a funny story now. Then, not so much. Haha

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Ewwww

Quoting Momtoone07: My cousin poured his milk from his cereal into my mom's tank and turned up the heater. We all left for our family function and returned to fish chowder.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)