Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to seriously take some time off

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
has been 3 years since I've had a vacation and I am just exhausted, mentally and physically. Within this time, I have been running my own business, and making sure that things at home are in order. The business is overwhelming me but the biggest issue I have is the lack of appreciation I get at home for what I do. I have been a superwoman. Adjusting my schedule so that I can make my daughters sporting events, band concerts, etc., listening to my husband rant and rave about his issues at work. I cook all the time making sure that they have something to eat all week. I joined a moms group out of guilt because I felt that I needed to feel more like an involved mother. This has taken it's toll on me. I am losing hair, seldom feel like doing anything for me. It's always about them and their needs.

My husband could care less how important it is to me to have my daughter be responsible. She's getting older and she is so messy. The family room has her socks thrown everywhere. Empty cups everywhere, her bathroom is a mess, open drawers, clothes all over her room .....

I am so unhappy. He ignores me when I tell him what she should be doing daily. He sides with her. They are fine, I'm the one feeling like an outside in my own home. I do realize that something has to change but I don't know what. The pressure to have this business is heavy. I make more money than he does, so I feel guilty when I think of just letting it go. Not to mention the fact that everything would disappear if I'm not working and making the same income.

Do you feel overwhelmed sometimes? What do you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BHLF4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:06 PM
I think you definitely do need a vacation. Also you need to talk to your husband, probably with a counselor. You and he need to make some hard choices about your marriage. Do you want to stay married to a man who has given you so much disrespect so far. And for him, is he willing to give you the respect you deserve.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Hire someone to do the cooking and cleaning also stop signing  your daughter up for activities that takes away time from doing her chores.  As for your husband stop paying attention to his whining about his work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2016 at 12:48 PM

Your DD needs chores....plain and simple.

Any child that is old enough to walk is old enough to clean up after themselves.  I work from home and my kids have things that they need to handle every day before moving on to extracurriculars or even play time.  Mine are 7 and almost 10.  You need to talk to your husband and try to get him on the same page as you, whether that be with a counselor or just the two of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)