Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh kids!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I'm going to scream! Why is it everytime I try to talk to a child anymore I get nothing but sas and attitude back?!?! If it's not from my children it's from the little girl I watch after school. My teenage SS is probably the worst about it. It doesn't matter if it's a small thing I'm just trying to figure out like his school work or him fighting with his sisters. There are times I just want to run away from them all. I bend over backwards to make sure things are good for all of them and feel like I get nothing but attitude back. I don't understand it. My kids do get a little spoiled I'll admit that but they have always have boundaries and structure. They know not to do it and get in trouble for it but do it anyways!!! It just gets so tiresome. My husband tries to help when he can but with his work schedule he's only home for a little while with them at night right before bed. I'm just feeling really under appreciated lately all around so that doesn't help matters. Just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Nlvonblah
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:03 AM
I hope you get some you time. Maybe your dh can run things for a while.
Pukalani79
by Ivy on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Sounds like they aren't too worried about consequences. I am a fairly lenient parent, but talking back is one thing I don't tolerate and my kids know it.
big-momma-bear
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:02 AM
Consistency has worked best for my step daughter when she started to be a tyrant and her dad let her be because he felt like he had to play the good guy. I told him to knock it off because she wasn't being respectful and Sassy and smart alecy. But I made it known that we were a team and she couldn't conquer and divide.

I'm so sorry you feel that way, it doesn't change over night but when you have a plan and follow through they have no choice.

You are mom, you are important. You make the rules. Talk to them with reason, but let them understand how you feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)