Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so upset with my bank right now.

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:06 PM
  • 39 Replies

Hi, I'm new. I am so upset with my bank. I don't understand how they can do this. A few days ago I transferred money from my paypal account to my Chase account. It was about $200. Thought it went through like it usually does. So I used my debit card for my cable/internet bill, it went through. The next day I made a purchase at the grocery store for $50, that went through too. I was thinking I still should have $40 or so in my account. Well, guess what, it is negative $150. My transfer never went through, paypal apologized, it was some error. NOW it went through. Called my bank they gave me 2 $35 overlimit fees, and refuse to remove them! Even after I explained and begged them please take away these fees I can't afford them at all right now. But because they waived a fee in the past they said they can't (won't is a better term) do it again! I cannot afford $70 in fees, if the money was not in my account, why did it even go through, it should have been declined! So now I have these 2 fees totaling $70 I know I should have checked to make sure the money was transferred correctly but still, I am pissed!!! I cried about this, $70 is a lot right now, I'm already struggling F*&$ this stupid bank and their dumb messed up rules!!!😡

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shannon0527
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I have strict settings on my account just in case I don't have enough in one account or another. (Separate for bulls and play money) I'm sorry you're dealing with this, maybe next time be sure to verify. It never fails that these things happen when it will totally screw you over.
Shannon0527
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:11 PM
Oh! Also, get with your banker. I have chase, they can select if it will let the account overdraw or if it will decline for you. I made sure to choose that it declines if the total amount isn't in my account.
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:12 PM
3 moms liked this
I know you're upset and I was too when Bank of America screwed me out of over $300 (I won it back in a class action lawsuit). But you should always check to make sure your PayPal transfers to thru before spending the money. Also, overdraft protection is optional that you can turn off in you settings if you go online. Always turn this feature off.
Adnalor
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM
3 moms liked this
Make PayPal pay for it. It was their mistake.
Mariposa36
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:28 PM

I'm going to try to do this. 

Quoting Adnalor: Make PayPal pay for it. It was their mistake.

Momtoone07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Go to your local branch. CS will not help you, ever. However, if you physically go to your branch and speak to a manager, you have a better chance of getting, at least, one removed.
Mariposa36
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! 🙂

Quoting Momtoone07: Go to your local branch. CS will not help you, ever. However, if you physically go to your branch and speak to a manager, you have a better chance of getting, at least, one removed.

Momtoone07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you ever try going to your local branch? I had a customer bounce a fifteen thousand dollar check. It was during the meat of the recession, so we didn't have any extra money in the account. We bought about eleven thousand in materials and made payroll, some other odds and ends. About a week later, the money came back out and the charges were ridiculous. Of course, we realized during non bank hours, so we called CS. They refused to do anything. They wouldn't even lift one charge. Monday, we went to see our branch manager and she lifted every single fee. There were a few other issues with customers and any and all fees were always lifted. We didn't qualify for the CA because our fees were always voided.

Quoting quickbooksworm: I know you're upset and I was too when Bank of America screwed me out of over $300 (I won it back in a class action lawsuit). But you should always check to make sure your PayPal transfers to thru before spending the money. Also, overdraft protection is optional that you can turn off in you settings if you go online. Always turn this feature off.
Patti-Gee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Your assumption got you into this mess...

Quote:

Thought it went through like it usually does.

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:12 PM
I did. They refused to do anything after the first time it happened. It was during my divorce and they had my and my ex's accounts linked and somehow my business account too. Money was bouncing around like a game of Pong. No person could have kept track and I didn't want the accounts linked in the first place.

Quoting Momtoone07: Did you ever try going to your local branch? I had a customer bounce a fifteen thousand dollar check. It was during the meat of the recession, so we didn't have any extra money in the account. We bought about eleven thousand in materials and made payroll, some other odds and ends. About a week later, the money came back out and the charges were ridiculous. Of course, we realized during non bank hours, so we called CS. They refused to do anything. They wouldn't even lift one charge. Monday, we went to see our branch manager and she lifted every single fee. There were a few other issues with customers and any and all fees were always lifted. We didn't qualify for the CA because our fees were always voided.

Quoting quickbooksworm: I know you're upset and I was too when Bank of America screwed me out of over $300 (I won it back in a class action lawsuit). But you should always check to make sure your PayPal transfers to thru before spending the money. Also, overdraft protection is optional that you can turn off in you settings if you go online. Always turn this feature off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)