Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sorry but she isn't allowed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Mil is crazy! She needs attention and everything needs to be about her, shit one of DH family memebers passed away and she made it all bout her and kept being overly dramatic-.-

She missed my labor she flipped out on me after I gave birth and made it all about her shit I can't even be proud of my daughters accomplishments because she has to say something bout her children and how they did it first -.-

We moved about a 10 min drive from her and she's always trying to come over without warning trying to blame us for her depression-.-

She tried to make our wedding about her by being overly dramatic and loud and annoying it got to the point we had to ask her to either be silent or leave.

Finally last night I snapped after she came over crying that we went out to dinner with DH sister and brother and didn't invite her (she kicked both of them out when they were 15 and told them they were mistakes and bothers them for money whenever she does see them) I told her until she can mature and understand everything isn't about her then she isn't welcome in my home or near my home

Oh god you would of thought I shot her or something with all the scream and crying-.- she finally just gave up on calling and stopping by randomly. DH threatened to call the cops a couple times ect and she finally left -.-
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Blu_Berri
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Good for you standing up for yourself and having boundries
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:15 AM
I know she's lonely and shit but it's just at the point I can't handle her selfishness and hate-.-

It was one thing to be annoying at my wedding but when she attached me for giving birth without her being there(she wasn't allowed in the room anyway so she wouldn't of seen it anyway) was a new low I should of blocked her then

Quoting Blu_Berri: Good for you standing up for yourself and having boundries
Blu_Berri
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:41 AM
I had to cut my own mother off for a while and i missed her yes but i had to think of what damage she was doing to my family. Your family is number 1 dont let her tell you or your dh otherwise
DarksMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:16 PM

Damn...she is a whole wack of fucking nutterbutter isn't she?? What a mess. Good thing you cut her off now. She would likely just get worse and worse. If she gets dementia, she's going to go completely apeshit.

quinnhenrysmom1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:06 PM

why did you let it go on so long?

DisabledVet
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:31 PM

There are several good books about dealing with people like her.  Get one and use the stratigies in it.  You might want to send other family members a copy of it. 

Black13Run4it
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Reading these crazy MIL stories always makes me grateful for the one I have :)

SourRoses
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:59 PM
Stories like these make me glad my in laws are normal lol
JTE11
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 10:51 PM
You are right to not let her make her issues your issues. She has a lot of growing up to do and if my MIL was acting like that she would not exist to us. Don't be surprised when she starts passive aggressive stuff or tries to guilt trip you somehow, though. People like her don't usually just suddenly learn their lesson and straighten up, they just change tactics. Good for you, good luck.
eyes4ears
by Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 10:56 PM
Now stand your ground.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)