Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why a house warming party...like this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

My sister inlaw threw a house warming party for their new home...its a torn down trailer (the door has cracks you can see threw, and the roof is cracked, floors stained up failing apart)  in a trailer park....not exactly in the nicest neighborhood...and i dont have a problem with them being there but they moved into this place and sent out invites for their fancy house warming party. On the invite they had a list of request and gift cards to expensive home decor places....they also put please no walmart gifts/gift cards....

They dont work she does sometimes random jobs but never lasts more than a month...and i feel like they just want a free ride, free stuff since they finally moved out of my husbands mothers house and now they want hand out but are acting like they are above walmart and will only accept expencive gifts and such...

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kit279
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:15 PM
Are they planning on renovating it? If so, WalMart wouldn't have the supplies/tools they need.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:21 PM

no they more than likely arent...and walmart does have most of thosse things but they wanted bath and body works stuff and bed bath and beyond stuff and lazy boy and a few other furniture stores...also they are renting they cant renovate, and they dont work so no moey to even if they could. i feel like they are trying to take advantage of the fact that they finally moved out of my husbands mothers house and want free stuff which i think is rude. and for them to act above walmart and then live there i mean seriously.

Quoting kit279: Are they planning on renovating it? If so, WalMart wouldn't have the supplies/tools they need.

DensHag
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:24 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I'm sorry, but I'd have a hard time keeping a straight face at the fact that they can see through the walls and floor but want to decorate it up!!! Why are they renting such a craphole?!?
TranquilMind
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:27 PM
4 moms liked this
Wow. You don't EVER request gift cards or make any conditions. That is just money-grubbing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Ik. its rediculous. there are cracks you can see thrrew in the door. and the floors stained and has mismatched flooring. the ceiling has cranks and one of the bathrooms leaks. its rediculous. and ik they could have found better. my husband and i looked and found way better opions for the same renting price. 

Quoting DensHag:

Mobile Photo

I'm sorry, but I'd have a hard time keeping a straight face at the fact that they can see through the walls and floor but want to decorate it up!!! Why are they renting such a craphole?!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:35 PM

exactly my thoughts...just rude

Quoting TranquilMind: Wow. You don't EVER request gift cards or make any conditions. That is just money-grubbing.

kit279
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:39 PM
Ah ok. Totally different when renting. My sister and her husband requested gift cards to home depot, lowes, bed/bath/beyond, but they bought their house and are renovating. Your in-laws sound spoiled.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

no they more than likely arent...and walmart does have most of thosse things but they wanted bath and body works stuff and bed bath and beyond stuff and lazy boy and a few other furniture stores...also they are renting they cant renovate, and they dont work so no moey to even if they could. i feel like they are trying to take advantage of the fact that they finally moved out of my husbands mothers house and want free stuff which i think is rude. and for them to act above walmart and then live there i mean seriously.

Quoting kit279: Are they planning on renovating it? If so, WalMart wouldn't have the supplies/tools they need.

DisabledVet
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Then don't go to the house warming. 

DarksMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:59 PM

So...they're trailer trash. Hope they enjoy it. It won't be fun.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 12:37 AM

Exactly how are they gonna pay rent if '[sic] they dont work she sometimes does random jobs but never last more than a month'?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)