Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know how to handle this please help I'm running out of options

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
I have been dating a guy for 4 years and he is the most jealous guy I have ever met! I can post something on fb and I get a bad text about is this guy inboxing after I post "blah blah" or did I use to mess with him. Then when he gets home all hell can break loose from me posting. I just posted on fb about how parents have a mini heart attack when they hear their kids say they are going to play house with their friends. He texts me when a guy asked did I play house "did you use to play house with him" . I said no. I went to high school with him I'm talking about when you were little" He says " well the guy probably in your inbox asking about it" . This is one of the many jealous rants he go on. Now when he gets home from work we are going to argue. And I have the nerve to be thinking about marriage and kids with this man!😤
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kit279
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:46 PM
8 moms liked this
I would not marry him, I would dump him and move on. He shows signs of being abusive. Marriage doesn't make that behavior better, it makes it worse.
krystal-j-a
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:47 PM
3 moms liked this
I would not be thinking about marriage or bringing kids into a home like this
ki19
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:50 PM
6 moms liked this
Big red flag. Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit. Seriously, you need to get out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:52 PM
That's what I thought I would hear. I wish I had some women friends close that would actually help me get away until I get on my feet. He then came home talking about a married friend said the solution was to give him all my password to social media. I told him that doesn't sit well with me because we should have some type of privacy even though I'm seriously not doing anything. He huffs and puffs and walks away. I already feel he over my shoulder and then to so this will put more stress on me

Quoting kit279: I would not marry him, I would dump him and move on. He shows signs of being abusive. Marriage doesn't make that behavior better, it makes it worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah don't marry him lol. You need to sit him down and tell him you won't continue a relationship with a jealous child.
My dh used to be like that (when we were young adults before marriage). I told him the same thing. I asked him why he's so insecure, and that if he doesn't change his jealous behavior, I'm not going to be with him anymore.
He stopped, he got to the root problems of his insecurities and we worked on them together. He's not at all like that anymore.
Give him a chance to change (a short one lol) and if he doesn't improve, move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:56 PM
Thanks I will. I have not to long ago sent him a text asking him what's his problem and that's it's a big turn off to act like this. Because to me if a person is so jealous it's insecurities with him and soon enough you start to see it and physically, mentally, and emotionally get turned off from it. His response was "I digress " which is all he ever says

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yeah don't marry him lol. You need to sit him down and tell him you won't continue a relationship with a jealous child.
My dh used to be like that (when we were young adults before marriage). I told him the same thing. I asked him why he's so insecure, and that if he doesn't change his jealous behavior, I'm not going to be with him anymore.
He stopped, he got to the root problems of his insecurities and we worked on them together. He's not at all like that anymore.
Give him a chance to change (a short one lol) and if he doesn't improve, move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:58 PM
Someone else told me a a few years back this was a sign of abusive behavior but he hasn't hit me back but it has taking a toll on me emotionally. I feel like I can't do anything without him looking into or searching for something. I feel like I can't click off my phone screen too quickly because he might think being sneaky. Everything I do around him has to be timed.

Quoting kit279: I would not marry him, I would dump him and move on. He shows signs of being abusive. Marriage doesn't make that behavior better, it makes it worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

You are crazy if you don't kick him to the curb.

bad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:02 PM
What state do you live in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:02 PM
With an issue as big as this one, face to face is better than a text :)
When he says he disagrees, tell him that's not good enough of a response. Tell him he is going to discuss this it you're done, and mean it. Leave him for a couple days and tell him you won't be returning until he can actually talk about this. You need to show him this is a deal breaker.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks I will. I have not to long ago sent him a text asking him what's his problem and that's it's a big turn off to act like this. Because to me if a person is so jealous it's insecurities with him and soon enough you start to see it and physically, mentally, and emotionally get turned off from it. His response was "I digress " which is all he ever says

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yeah don't marry him lol. You need to sit him down and tell him you won't continue a relationship with a jealous child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)