Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RUDEST little boy in all the lands!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:06 PM
  • 18 Replies
Is it wrong that I think my kid is a jerk? I love him more than anything, but I don't think I like him very much. He's 7 years old and so so so RUDE! He was taught manners and respect, he has consequences and reinforcement. I reward his good behavior and try to do nice things for him, and he acts like a spoiled little turd. He told mother (who has a double masters degree) that she wasn't very smart and she needed to go to college like his mommy (I'm working on getting my RN, in my first 2 years, not nearly as good as a Masters. Let alone a double masters). We attempted to have a family game night last night, and he couldn't stop laughing at our misfortune or telling us how great he was and how much more money he had than us. Then he would get mad at US for correcting his behavior. Or he would say "I'm not trying to be rude" .....but all that was coming out of his face was rude crap that made me want to pop him one! He acts like he has no control over himself. Aaaarrrrggghhh.
Kids.....
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaStiles
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
He sounds like a dick head.
kiko2mommy
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this
After the second rude thing his little ass should of been sent to bed. My kids have been known to be sarcastic, because I am lol, but if other people are around, I shut it down.
BeccaC12
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:14 PM

That sounds a lot like my SS who will be 7 this summer.  He is always trying to correct me and he thinks that he is always right.  I tell him he needs to do something and he just laughs at me.  If I tell him no he just laughs and does it anyhow.  Maybe it has something to do with the age?  Is 6 or 7 the new 3?  lol

aschkat
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:20 PM
He really can be!! Hahaha my patience has never been worn so thin before. This kid is something.

Quoting LisaStiles: He sounds like a dick head.
maecntpntz219
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you think it's a behavorial issue? My 7 year old has his asshole moments where I question where he came from but mostly he is a pretty sweet kid. One of his friends is definitely a little asshole but that's because he mom lets him get away with murder and pampers the crap out of him. 

EarlGrayHot
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like he needs still more correction or refusing to let him be a part of group activities if he's acting like that.

aschkat
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:18 PM
These are just his moments, it isn't all the time. More often than usual recently. I don't coddle him for sure, I think I'm going to have to "crack the whip" to get him back into line though. I just wanted one good family night and he completely ruined it.
booscomputer
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:40 PM

Before you engage in a family game night or something similar, have a private talk with him and let him know what the boundaries are -- you will know based on whatever the event is -- tell him that this is his warning and if he does X, Y or Z, he'll be put in another room away from the people and event for the rest of the time you are there (or if you're at your house until morning).  Then, the minute he drops over that boundary you set, remove him -- you don't need to say a word -- and do not let him come back no matter how much he begs -- as a matter of fact, let him know that any noise from him will result in manual labor when you get home.  Do it every time and be serious about nailing him immediately -- no second chances and he'll get over it in a time or two.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk ive always liked my kid. I hate other peoples kids though.
SamMom912
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:44 PM
3 moms liked this
It seems to me like he is insecure and building himself up by putting others down. :(. Pointing out others misfortunes, their short comings makes him feel better; but its a false better. And its hurtful & maladaptive.

I don't think correction typically works for this; and may lead to more feeling bad about himself.

Id maybe try to look for some books at your library about self esteem and being kind. Theres a cute book like "have you filled someone bucket?" (I could be wrong about the title) about making others feel good, so you feel good...

Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)