Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you let your 13 year old

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:28 AM
  • 40 Replies

Would you allow your 13 year old watch Everybody Loves Raymond?

What does your 13 year old like to watch?

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reaandiziesmama
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:31 AM
I see nothing wrong with Raymond
twinsnteen1988
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't at first...but I never really noticed how many sexual jokes there are until he started watching it. I'm on the fence with it right now :/

Quoting reaandiziesmama: I see nothing wrong with Raymond

amje
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Yep, sure would.

Idk how you've kept a 13yo from knowing about sex with all the instant info available to kids and kids' friends now days, but I think it's good for innocence to last as long as possible. On the other hand, at 13, how has he not even begun puberty? I think you may need to relax a bit. Is he your 1st child or only child?
twinsnteen1988
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:38 PM

He knows about sex, he knows more than he should know about sex. He's my only teenager. I adopted him recently, he's been living with us for a year. I'm kind of struggling with the whole situation...I want to make sure I'm doing what's best for him....but I have no idea how to raise a teenager. especially a teenager with mental health issues, behavioral issues, trust issues...you name it 

Quoting amje: Yep, sure would. Idk how you've kept a 13yo from knowing about sex with all the instant info available to kids and kids' friends now days, but I think it's good for innocence to last as long as possible. On the other hand, at 13, how has he not even begun puberty? I think you may need to relax a bit. Is he your 1st child or only child?

cookiemonster77
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

By 13 I had read all of the anne rice books, and seen whatever movies I wanted to see that were rated R. A 13 year old knows what's going on if you're referring to sexual innuendos, so they aren't going to be damaged watching Raymond

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:10 PM

My 12 year old watches it . . .

amje
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I do! I assure you, I very much know how to raise a teenager like that successfully. And Everybody Loves Raymond is fine.

Quoting twinsnteen1988:

He knows about sex, he knows more than he should know about sex. He's my only teenager. I adopted him recently, he's been living with us for a year. I'm kind of struggling with the whole situation...I want to make sure I'm doing what's best for him....but I have no idea how to raise a teenager. especially a teenager with mental health issues, behavioral issues, trust issues...you name it 

Quoting amje: Yep, sure would.

Idk how you've kept a 13yo from knowing about sex with all the instant info available to kids and kids' friends now days, but I think it's good for innocence to last as long as possible. On the other hand, at 13, how has he not even begun puberty? I think you may need to relax a bit. Is he your 1st child or only child?

2pink1blue
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:10 PM

My oldest is 13.5 and has never asked to watch that show.  I don't see why it would be appealing to her at all.  She's pretty young at heart though and has not really started puberty or been overly inquisitive about sex.  She doesn't have much time for TV but likes to shows like watch Once Upon A Time, Wonder Years, Full House and Haunting Hour when she has a free hour.

twinsnteen1988
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:31 PM

you do? then I better put you on speed dial haha thanks

Quoting amje: I do! I assure you, I very much know how to raise a teenager like that successfully. And Everybody Loves Raymond is fine.
Quoting twinsnteen1988:

Quoting amje: Yep, sure would. Idk how you've kept a 13yo from knowing about sex with all the instant info available to kids and kids' friends now days, but I think it's good for innocence to last as long as possible. On the other hand, at 13, how has he not even begun puberty? I think you may need to relax a bit. Is he your 1st child or only child?

PogoPalOj
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure it's better than Family Guy or South Park or heaven forbid The Simpsons.  I can't stand any of those shows.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)