Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

My 9 year old and 13 year old were folding socks...  My 9 year old thought it was okay to say "Im tired of this S**t" (referring to folding socks a chore)

So I brought my 9 year old in the bathroom handed the toilet brush over and then she says "Im going to turn you in for abuse" no chemicals..

This I did not think was abuse... or am I wrong... (potty talk clean a toilet?)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookiemonster77
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Hahahahaha I bet they were tired of cleaning that sh*t. Puts a whole new perspective on the sentence he used

ejkdmom
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have handed her the phone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:13 PM

I don't think that it was abuse, but a major waste of time if you didn't have her clean the toilet properly.  What is a brush alone really doing?

JackNLilliesMom
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I love it! Abuse?! Heck no! That's creative parenting! And it wasn't too harsh, I remember getting the old "wash your mouth out with a bar of soap" punishment. What you did was a much better punishment, and nobody got sick from ingesting soap!
redheadtmk
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:22 PM
What was the point of no chemicals? 9 is old enough to clean a toilet with cleaner. It seems pointless if she really wasn't cleaning anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:43 PM

Quoting redheadtmk: What was the point of no chemicals? 9 is old enough to clean a toilet with cleaner. It seems pointless if she really wasn't cleaning anything.

No chemicals is Melaluca.. It has no chemicals but it cleans. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 8:45 PM

I thought about it but didnt want to make a false report... Or waste there time.

Quoting ejkdmom: I would have handed her the phone.

butterflychelly
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:02 PM
I love it! And far from abusive. In fact social services might commend you for handling it with out force.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:20 PM

I told her to talk to her school social worker tomorrow.. or her teacher.. heck whoever she feels comfortable with Im just not sure how she came up with abuse.

Quoting butterflychelly: I love it! And far from abusive. In fact social services might commend you for handling it with out force.

SamZ123
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 11:39 PM

My kids are extremely abused then if cleaning a toilet is abuse. I even make them clean the whole bathroom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)