Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He can't make up his mind!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:09 AM
  • 6 Replies
Me and my kids dad broke up almost 5 years ago. Our kids are 5 and 4. He has never met the youngest and out of the blue he writes me saying he is cleaned up and wants to support them. I talked to him and we made plans on how to get him involved in the kids life. Every day we talked and sent pictures and now he won't respond to the messages even tho he was going to meet the kids this week. ( oh and it's been 3 weeks since he replied but he is all over Facebook.) if he doesn't want to be involved why the hell did he say he did? I wasn't bothering him about them and my bf has been a good father to them. And he chose the date and place of meeting. Guess we will see if he shows .
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:22 AM

I wouldnt show up.  He didnt respond so I wouldn't set them up for heartbreak.  If you go, dont say it is to meet up with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:17 AM

I would really be afraid to show up with someone on dope anyways.  I would tell him go thru the system like the other run off dads.  Tell him that is what your hubby wants him to do rather than talking to you on facebook.  A man that left me with two kids and never wanted to see them for five years, would not get much conversation out of me.  Tell him yall are busy,living life.  He is still on the dope, and will be for years and years. 

Samstevens28
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:41 AM
Thing is the courts gave him shared custody a couple years ago when he filed for it. Si it's like he wants to get involved and then is like he changes his mind. I know he is clean right now since he is living in a rehab but I don't know much about his drug use since this all happened after he left me. I don't really trust it but I don't want to get in trouble for not allowing him to meet them. And he already knows I'm not letting him take them. As for breaking the kids hearts we had agreed to introduce him as my friend until he had proven himself as dependable.
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2016 at 6:45 AM

He's probably using again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2016 at 11:43 AM

What do you mean "but he is all over Facebook"?

Samstevens28
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2016 at 5:15 PM
He is on Facebook all the time liking pics and posting... When we started talking again he friended me to see kids pics. So I can see is constantly using Facebook and that is how we have been talking. But still haven't heard from him and he hasn't said anything about me not showing since he didn't verify the plans.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)