Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Texting Etiquettcy - Need ANSWERS!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:31 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm getting a little ticked.  I know a friend of mine is upset with me for not being able to make it to her baby shower, but my brakes really did almost go out!!! I was riding on pretty much no brake pads!  I started two days before her shower, and my husband had to work and couldn't do it Saturday.  We don't hire anything out if we can do it ourselves.  So, he had to do it the day of the shower. I texted her and was very apologic (it's also 40minutes from my side of town) and asked if I could treat her to lunch this weekend.  That was last Sunday.  As of yesterday morning, still no word.  I texted here yesterday about two and asked if she was going to be available Saturday for lunch.  I get a text last night about 9pm asking when and where.  That's it.  I told her to decide because it didn't want what kind of stuff she'd be craving.  I haven't heard anything since.  So, my question is.....how long do I wait before I just say F**k it and make other plans?   

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMami
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM
How close are you?
teatyme007
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:04 PM

Friendship wise or distance wise?  I'm going to be on her side of town for an appt Saturday.  Friendship wise.....less than a year.  We're not extremely close, she alot younger than I am.  Weird how we met, but I at least wanted to give her the gift for the baby.  Well, her husband is the one that call me first and asked if I was on my way Sunday.  Mind you, I was half way through texting her when he called me.  From the number I was texting her at.  I didn't like his demeanor when he was talking to me, like I was fucking lying.  Sorry for that word, and I don't care who thinks what, I don't lie.  I tell the straight up truth.  I don't care if it hurts or not.  So, I'm not sure if he's rubbing off on her. 

Quoting TurtleMami: How close are you?

rachelatienza
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I would say give it until tonight. She's hormonal so she's probably feeling so many emotions. One of them being annoyed so she doesn't want to answer back to you immediately. After 8-9pm, let it go!

Rachel Atienza

dawnrothbaum
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Call your friend.

ChillaxinChick
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Honestly, if she hasn't replied and you have something else to do, then maybe tell her she needs to confirm if she's up for it or not and because if not then you will make other plans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 5:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Etiquettcy? Is that really a word??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:39 PM
I would leave it. There's only so much prodding one can do to find out a simple yes or no about lunch of all things. She is being passive aggressive.
TurtleMami
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 1:55 AM
Then I would let it go. If she turns it into something, that's on her. I thought this was a lifelong friendship or something.

Quoting teatyme007:

Friendship wise or distance wise?  I'm going to be on her side of town for an appt Saturday.  Friendship wise.....less than a year.  We're not extremely close, she alot younger than I am.  Weird how we met, but I at least wanted to give her the gift for the baby.  Well, her husband is the one that call me first and asked if I was on my way Sunday.  Mind you, I was half way through texting her when he called me.  From the number I was texting her at.  I didn't like his demeanor when he was talking to me, like I was fucking lying.  Sorry for that word, and I don't care who thinks what, I don't lie.  I tell the straight up truth.  I don't care if it hurts or not.  So, I'm not sure if he's rubbing off on her. 

Quoting TurtleMami: How close are you?

DarksMama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 8:49 AM
Call her. He's probably filling her head with bullshit. Usually the first step in controlling someone. He may be grooming her.
DisabledVet
by on Apr. 10, 2016 at 3:23 AM

If someone doesn't let me know within a day or 2, I make other plans. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)