• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sick of fundraisers!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

This time of year just kills me. Every student at my kids' school it seems is raising money for a sports team, for a cheerleading squad, for the band, for some club, or just for the school, and every fundraising organizer seems to think it's no big deal. It seems to blow their little podunk townie minds that not everyone has family living nearby who can or will buy stuff, and many of us are left to buy the minimum requirement on our own because of that. If one more person says to me, "It's only ${insert some dollar amt}, get your family to buy stuff!" I may scream!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:08 PM
I ignore all of the school fundraisers. I give them box tops but that's pretty much it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:17 PM
My kids are older now.but I hated that my sisters kids were around the same age so between all of them there was always stuff.I stopped asking my parents because they would never say no to their grandchildren and they were always buying.I got the pint where I sold stuff that directly effected them (fund raided for uniforms ,field trip etc) the general school or league ones I didn't do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:20 PM

I HATE fundraisers!!

I was on the comittee for my kids speed skating team and after Chirstmas when NO ONE would pitch in and help the comittee kind of dissolved.  It was very difficult because the people want the money, but they don't want to put in the work for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:26 PM
I don't mind them as long as they're practical.

$15 for wrapping paper or a $30 coupon book that's not relevant to the area at all? No.

A $1 candy bar that I can get right now? Yes, I'll take 10.
Rhodin
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I still think this is the best idea, ever, and more schools should copy this.  Unfortunately, it's not my school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)