Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIL sucks!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My mil just hates evrything I do. Ever since we got this house she hasnt shut up about how my.living room is so plain and practically not good enough. To me it gives the children plenty of room to play and its simple. Which I like. Do you really think it looks that bad?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:45 AM
Tell her if she doesn't like it to go ahead and change it for you... Just give her your keys and tell her you'll be back in two days surely she will shut up then! Looks good to me though but I don't like a lot of stuff to clutter up spaces!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
That's none of her business. It's your house. It's clean and it's nice. If you want to add anything else it's only for you to decide.
butterflychelly
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
For me it's a little bare but if it works for you who cares what she thinks!
ame19
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Looks good to me! There is plenty of space for people to move around and kids to play.

coala
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it could use a coffee table, but other than that it looks sparse and good for kids to play in.  Mine looked like that for years.  We had to get rid of our coffee table to make space for our kids.  They are getting older and we put a table back in.

andreamarie
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Your MIL needs to mind her own business. Your house, your kids, your family's comfort. Tell her to go home if she isn't happy.
SaskMummy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:11 AM
I prefer an open space to
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:16 AM
It looks like you just moved in and haven't bought furniture yet. But it's your house and if that's what you want it's your own business.
YoloChristal
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:33 AM

No...tell MIL if she can't say anything nice to not say anythiong at all or have your husband tell her. if he won't then  you tell her w/a smile & nicely. Good Luck!

lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it could use some color. It's too neutral for my taste. It's Your home if you like it that's what matters.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)