Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How cheap can you be ?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:33 PM
  • 21 Replies

So this weekend DD was invited to a Bday party, this was also DD's time at her dad's house.  Friday night as I get home from work DD comes to see me and says her dad can't come pick her up, he had some kind of emergency at work.  I say fine I'll go drop you off ... and then she says "Dad says to go shop for the birthday gift too"

but of course he did ... how freckin' convenient ... like he doesn't have ALL DAY saturday to go shopping he just doesn't want to pay a freckin' penny is all.  Cheap bastard. So what could I do ... It's not DD's fight or fault.  So I brought her shopping for her friend's Bday gift.

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 12, 2016 at 10:24 AM

What a jerk! 

At least she has YOU! 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 10:31 AM

He's pulled that stunt on me more than once ... the one time I didn't buy the gift, DD told me they picked up the present at the Dollar Tree ... I wanted to crawl under a rock and die of embarassment.  Given the fact that the party she was invited to was a sleep-over and  it's a good friend of DD, I wanted to make sure she got something decent as a present.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

What a jerk! 

At least she has YOU! 

zombieskayer
by Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 11:14 AM

sounds like that "emergency" was to avoid getting hte present. ;What a shit head. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2016 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

And it’s why he keeps doing it, give him the receipt for purchase of the gift.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:42 PM

My initial idea was to have DD pay for the gift  with her own money and then she would give her dad the receipt, he would then have no choice but to pay her back or look like a total ass.  But when we got to the store, DD had forgotten her wallet. so my plan failed

pfffffff I almost did send the receipt over but  he owes me over $1500 in expenses including tuition for DD's school ... do you really think I'd ever see a penny out of the $22 I spent of the gift ?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

And it’s why he keeps doing it, give him the receipt for purchase of the gift.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:44 PM
My ex does everything he can not to have to spend a cent on my dd other then food. He knows I won't let her go without or suffer because of it,so same thing I just do it.

Quoting Jinxed8:

He's pulled that stunt on me more than once ... the one time I didn't buy the gift, DD told me they picked up the present at the Dollar Tree ... I wanted to crawl under a rock and die of embarassment.  Given the fact that the party she was invited to was a sleep-over and  it's a good friend of DD, I wanted to make sure she got something decent as a present.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

What a jerk! 

At least she has YOU! 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:52 PM

Oh I know ... mine screams bloody murder because he thinks he's over-paying on child support. 

He booked an eye exam a few weeks ago with DD and brought her but told DD to come back with me for the glasses.  Yet I told him my insurance only covers glasses every 2 years for DD, and I got her glasses last year, so this year I'm not footing the bill for them, he has insurance too and they'll cover $275. So DD picked her new glasses and I left the bill for him to pay, optician called him last Thursday and left a message requesting payment ... he has yet to even return their call, never mind going to pay for them.  This ought to be fun ... this time no excuses, no shifting the blame on me.  The person he will have to face is his daughter.  I did my part .... it's time to walk the walk, bitch !

Quoting Anonymous 3: My ex does everything he can not to have to spend a cent on my dd other then food. He knows I won't let her go without or suffer because of it,so same thing I just do it.
Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

What a jerk! 

At least she has YOU! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 12, 2016 at 4:19 PM
Your daughter knows everything you do my youngest is 14 .my other dd is 19 and hadn't had anything to do with him in 2+ yrs. She says he doesn't make her a priority in hid life so he's not one in hers .. it's sad but nothing we can do,just be there ad do what you can

Quoting Jinxed8:

Oh I know ... mine screams bloody murder because he thinks he's over-paying on child support. 

He booked an eye exam a few weeks ago with DD and brought her but told DD to come back with me for the glasses.  Yet I told him my insurance only covers glasses every 2 years for DD, and I got her glasses last year, so this year I'm not footing the bill for them, he has insurance too and they'll cover $275. So DD picked her new glasses and I left the bill for him to pay, optician called him last Thursday and left a message requesting payment ... he has yet to even return their call, never mind going to pay for them.  This ought to be fun ... this time no excuses, no shifting the blame on me.  The person he will have to face is his daughter.  I did my part .... it's time to walk the walk, bitch !

Quoting Anonymous 3: My ex does everything he can not to have to spend a cent on my dd other then food. He knows I won't let her go without or suffer because of it,so same thing I just do it.

Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

What a jerk! 

At least she has YOU! 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 4:41 PM

the sad part in my case is that he sings a different tune to DD.  He tells her how much he misses her and how much he loves her and how she doesn't spend enough time with him and brain washes her and guilts her  into wanting a shared custody when in fact all he wants is to stop paying child support. 

DD doesn't see through the BS - and she is quick to forget all the things that happened in the past, even the bad stuff, all the times he dumped her off at his parents, all the times he went on vacation and never brought her, all the times that he didn't make her a priority. Funny how he has money to eat out all the time but no money for her school.  HELL, this summer instead of enjoying his "shared" custody he's shipping her off to a 2 week sleep away camp ... but DD is totally blinded by the smoking mirrors - it breaks my heart

Quoting Anonymous 3: Your daughter knows everything you do my youngest is 14 .my other dd is 19 and hadn't had anything to do with him in 2+ yrs. She says he doesn't make her a priority in hid life so he's not one in hers .. it's sad but nothing we can do,just be there ad do what you can
Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

What a jerk! 

At least she has YOU! 

tammeee3
by Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 5:05 PM
Mine totally sounds like yours . Mine talked my dd into shared custody .he is supposed to provide for her when she is with him and I have to send everything he doesn't even have a,phone or cell phone so I pay fit her cell . Youngest was the same that's why she wanted the shared she had no idea he stole money for us ,didn't pay anything ,all kids no is that their needs are getting met .but believe me she does /will realize .I know it's hard because you can't tell them what he is really like,but you are doing the right thing .my dd is 14 and starting to see it now that she has been going to him 1/2. The time ,she has asked me to change it for the summer ,so going back to court ,but whIle I am there I am filing contempt ,becausr he doesn't pay for anything he us supposed to

Quoting Anonymous 3: Your daughter knows everything you do my youngest is 14 .my other dd is 19 and hadn't had anything to do with him in 2+ yrs. She says he doesn't make her a priority in hid life so he's not one in hers .. it's sad but nothing we can do,just be there ad do what you can

Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

What a jerk! 

At least she has YOU! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)