Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very sensitive to them?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

That's what I was told today when I mentioned I wasn't going to be at the production I'm working on all week (it's show week).  I said I wasn't going to hire a sitter to be with them all week, a couple nights, but not all week.  I was told I was "sensitive to those girls".  Of course I'm sensitive, they are my kids.  Aren't I supposed to put them above my job?  I guess because this woman remembers the days where she worked 3 jobs and didn't see her kids for a week during productions means all moms are supposed to do that.  

She didn't seem to understand that when the show date got changed it screwed up my entire schedule.  I had to cancel a production, my DH is working out of the country (she found it hard to beleive that his work was scheduled that far out, when they send him out of the country it is), I don't agree with leaving them with a sitter every night, I don't ask family to do it every night for free. 

I work to live, not live to work.  I'm doing the best I can, but apparently that isn't good enough.  And I won't get started on the one who made comment about needing people backstage, sorry, I've asked kids...nobody wants to work with him.

Thank you, I feel a little bit better now...just a little (I still want to punch somebody).

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kit279
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:51 PM
No matter what you do, people will have an opinion of why you are wrong. Take a deep breath and give your girls a hug. :-)
sheramom4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:01 PM

I am going to be gone for nine days in June (a family issue) leaving my husband and kids. I guess I would be told the same because I asked DS and his fiance to make sure the younger two didn't kill each other during the day and I am paying his fiance. I also asked the girls if they would rather stay at Grandma's for the week and have made other plans for my dogs and such. 

We are parents, of course we are sensitive to our kids and their needs. 

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:40 PM

If you don't like the pressure this puts on you, find a different way to "live to work"? Rotate between family memebers so the kids aren't with the same person every night???

IDK... if it's one week, tough it out??? GL

fostermommy1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:52 PM

I wouldn't feel so bad if they were going to be with their dad.  But he is out of town, so it would be sitters all week.

Quoting sheramom4:

I am going to be gone for nine days in June (a family issue) leaving my husband and kids. I guess I would be told the same because I asked DS and his fiance to make sure the younger two didn't kill each other during the day and I am paying his fiance. I also asked the girls if they would rather stay at Grandma's for the week and have made other plans for my dogs and such. 

We are parents, of course we are sensitive to our kids and their needs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)