Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've had it!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I'll make this short.

My roommate (we have been friends for 6 years) had a birthday lunch inviting several people to her moms this past weekend. I told her the day of I decided I wasn't going to go. I was very comfortable at home since Friday night after work kid free! I cancelled all plans for this past weekend including my study group and work. I went from couch to bed, bed to couch for two straight days.

Now my roommate and others are offended and hurt by my actions this past weekend. I hurt feelings and made people mad because I chose to do nothing this past weekend. So now my roommate wont be home for a few days because I really hurt her feelings because I didn't come to her birthday lunch.

I am just so sick and tired of people with thier attitudes and feelings. I am sorry I took advantage of a rare and when I say rare I mean rare weekend I was unable to do absolutly nothing and kid free on top of it!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amy_M
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Wow, aren't you a great friend!?  You made plans to do this with her and cancelled at the last minute.

madamlunna213
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:43 PM
This.

Quoting Amy_M:

Wow, aren't you a great friend!?  You made plans to do this with her and cancelled at the last minute.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Ya, I can see why she was hurt.  That was kind of a shitty friend thing to do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:57 PM

You could have afforded a couple hours for the friend's birthday lunch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I suggest you do it more often this way you get the house all to yourself more often.  ;-)

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:08 AM

Childless people just do not understand the beauty of that alone time!  I have a trip to pack for, me and the 3 kids, but I had a baby free morning and I chose to just sleep!  I work nights so normally, I get 2 hours at most to sleep straight and to get 4 hours is rare!  Yeah I chose to sleep! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2016 at 10:49 AM

I wasn't the only one invited. She invited a few people and I so happened to not go. It wasn't like she was completely alone.

Quoting Amy_M:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2016 at 10:51 AM

I don't think you could have said that any better. Childless people just don't understand. More power to you for sleeping all morning! I rarely sleep and my roommate knows this. She tells me all the time you should quit your second job and not work such long days. I thought because she sees what I do everyday she would understand.

Quoting MixedCooke:

Childless people just do not understand the beauty of that alone time!  I have a trip to pack for, me and the 3 kids, but I had a baby free morning and I chose to just sleep!  I work nights so normally, I get 2 hours at most to sleep straight and to get 4 hours is rare!  Yeah I chose to sleep! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2016 at 10:53 AM

No, I couldn't. Not to mention there were flash flood warnings all weekend. I wasn't going to drive across town in that on top of not feeling up to going in the first place.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

You could have afforded a couple hours for the friend's birthday lunch.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 10:53 AM

I GET it, you didn't want to go, but you should've anyway, because you said you would. Apologize for being selfish and take her to a private birthday lunch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)