Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe this, how unfair!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Today, when I went to pick up DD at school, the vice principal was waiting to speak to me, she had DD in the office.
She told me that DD had pulled one of the special Ed students, a first grader who can't communicate, behind a tree, and there were marks on her face, she asked DD how they got there, and DD told her that one of the kids that were bullying her pushed her down. This explanation apparently wasn't good enough, because she told me to ask DD myself what happened, and DD told me that she pulled her back there to hide her from the bullies.She said it made her feel bad that she was being bullied and the yard aides didn't even notice. I feel like this is unfair. Because last week I told her DD was pushed down by someone and gave her the name of the child who did it, and she didn't care.
I am very upset that this goes on
And then when I need help with a situation no one seems to care. OK rant over, ladies....
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't let this go, to let it go may give way to the adults there possibly mistreating your dd
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2016 at 11:33 PM
I would really like to do something but I don't know what to do actually. It's a tough situation because I don't want to seem like a trouble maker
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:47 AM
In the past I've had to meet with both teachers and playground aides for mistreating my child and in some cases other children as well. I'd begin with a meeting with teacher, you and third party counselor, then principal or district if need be. Overall approach with open mind and understanding but don't take any shit either and a lot of times your presence is enough to cause them to realize this will not be acceptable with my child...every time it occurs I'll be here to talk about.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I would really like to do something but I don't know what to do actually. It's a tough situation because I don't want to seem like a trouble maker
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2016 at 3:11 AM
Quoting Anonymous 2: In the past I've had to meet with both teachers and playground aides for mistreating my child and in some cases other children as well. I'd begin with a meeting with teacher, you and third party counselor, then principal or district if need be. Overall approach with open mind and understanding but don't take any shit either and a lot of times your presence is enough to cause them to realize this will not be acceptable with my child...every time it occurs I'll be here to talk about.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I would really like to do something but I don't know what to do actually. It's a tough situation because I don't want to seem like a trouble maker

I would think that wouldn't be necessary, but obviously it will, so I am going to do just that. Thanks so much for your reply, I thought they would be a lot more fair. This is damn ridiculous. My DD actually doesn't want to go to school now, says she's stressed out.I assured her I would handle it, and I will.
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 7:27 AM
3 moms liked this

So your kid was protecting a nonverbal SN kid from further bullying and she was accused of bullying the kid?  I'd be really pissed with the principal that 1) she didn't believe my kid's explanation and 2) she didn't bother to do any investigation and 3) the playground monitors obviously weren't doing their damn jobs and it fell to your kid to rescue this poor kid.  

offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Does your school system have a "zero tolerance" policy?
If the principal won't do anything, go to the superintendent. Go as far up the chain, as needed.
If it comes down to it, go to your local news source. Have them run a story about this.

ihave1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 8:08 AM
3 moms liked this

Who cares if they think you are a trouble maker. Be one for your child, she needs you to stand up for her. Do what Anon 2 said, its good advice.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2016 at 10:12 AM
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

So your kid was protecting a nonverbal SN kid from further bullying and she was accused of bullying the kid?  I'd be really pissed with the principal that 1) she didn't believe my kid's explanation and 2) she didn't bother to do any investigation and 3) the playground monitors obviously weren't doing their damn jobs and it fell to your kid to rescue this poor kid.  

That's exactly what happened, and that's why I'm pissed. I think their attitude is disgusting and it's not okay. All my DD did was try to protect her. She was so upset about the incident she barely slept last night, despite my efforts to help her!
zombieskayer
by Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 11:17 AM

They should help find that 1st grader learn to communicate with like an ipad or something. Because at the end of the day that child is the only one who can tell the vice principal what happened and for them to actually believe it. It sucks but she probably cared more because a SN kid being bullied is more of a law suit then your child. That's probably how she sees it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2016 at 11:27 AM
Quoting zombieskayer:

They should help find that 1st grader learn to communicate with like an ipad or something. Because at the end of the day that child is the only one who can tell the vice principal what happened and for them to actually believe it. It sucks but she probably cared more because a SN kid being bullied is more of a law suit then your child. That's probably how she sees it. 

You're probably right. Why care about my child being pushed down and getting two bloody knees and not giving a damn just because she isn't a SN child? If you can't have them same rules against bullying for everyone, then you shouldn't have any at all. But if you demand an explanation from my child and you don't believe her then why demand it? It all is a bunch of biased BS!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)