Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh Well Maybe Next Year.......

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 5:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
Well Mother's Day blew this year. And no its not because of some blended/step family drama. I only point that out because I have been reading a lot about it today.

No it's because the car broke down. To get it fixed and because we have no other transportation we had to forgo any of our plans. My husband managed to get a ride into work for later so he's sleeping now (he works nights). Too top it all off my grandparents wanted to spend the day with my dd and so I gave her the choice. She picked them as I knew she would.

So now I'm sitting here essentially alone watching Zena Warrior Princess on Netflix.

But I do want to wish a happy Mother's Day to everyone else.
by on May. 8, 2016 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GayleTX
by on May. 8, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Not the greeting card kinda day, is it.....but not many are.  But you've got a husband with a job and your child has grandparents that apparently love her.    And YOU get a day of blissful solitude.  Every Mother's Day will be different the rest of your life.....no two alike....some will be much worse than this one.......so just accept each one as it is and hug your baby when she gets back from grandma's.  

WickedOpal
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I am happy with the Shrimp Alfredo for dinner that DH is making.  He found a new recipe on Food.com.  I hope he doesn't mess it up.  He's notorious for picking weird recipes and they come out. just. wrong.  LOL  His reasoning is that it has 4 stars, it must be good.  No, honey, it's not always good to us, just because other people liked it.  People think I should be disappointed, but a simple card from DD9 and not cooking dinner?  Yep, that is what makes me happy.  

Moonauthor
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 6:55 PM
The problem is I spend a lot of time alone. I long for the chaos of summer. Since my dh works nights he sleeps all day with our daughter in school it gets lonely. I mean yeah the apartments clean. But I prefer to be surrounded by people so I can't wait for summer when I let the laundry pile a little higher and the dishes go a little longer while I devote time to my dd during the day and my family in the evening when dh is finally awake.

Quoting GayleTX:

Not the greeting card kinda day, is it.....but not many are.  But you've got a husband with a job and your child has grandparents that apparently love her.    And YOU get a day of blissful solitude.  Every Mother's Day will be different the rest of your life.....no two alike....some will be much worse than this one.......so just accept each one as it is and hug your baby when she gets back from grandma's.  

Moonauthor
by Member on May. 9, 2016 at 1:57 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 9, 2016 at 2:16 AM
Sorry your day wasn't what you wanted. Mine wasn't either....my husband told me for days he would get me something and today there was nothing....not that I expected it because every year it's always the same "oh I was going to get you this but I didn't end up going " then why say anything?! And I had to do everything I usually do...just another day.
Moonauthor
by Member on May. 9, 2016 at 2:18 AM
I'm sorry that it sucked for you too.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sorry your day wasn't what you wanted. Mine wasn't either....my husband told me for days he would get me something and today there was nothing....not that I expected it because every year it's always the same "oh I was going to get you this but I didn't end up going " then why say anything?! And I had to do everything I usually do...just another day.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2016 at 11:38 AM

to each their own ... I didn't have a dream mother's day either but then again, I never do, it's always dissapointing in some way so I've done away with any kind of expectation what so ever. 

PogoPalOj
by on May. 9, 2016 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

You know I really got into the Xena thing back in the 90s.  I tried watching them again a few months ago and asked my husband, "Were these always so corny" lol 

I hope things get better.  Really I do! 

Moonauthor
by Member on May. 10, 2016 at 12:03 AM
Yeah they are pretty corny, but so much fun. Thank you for your kind comment I really appreciate it. Next year hopefully we won't have a disaster right before Mother's day.

I'm already saving for dh's Father's Day. I love treating him.

Quoting PogoPalOj:

You know I really got into the Xena thing back in the 90s.  I tried watching them again a few months ago and asked my husband, "Were these always so corny" lol 

I hope things get better.  Really I do! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)