Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kid excels. Get over it.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 297 Replies
10 moms liked this
My daughter is amazing. On a recent class trip another mom was overheard calling my daughter, snidely, " little miss Queen of everything!" Jealous hater. Here is some advice. Focus less of my kid and next time give your own kid more support! Ugh
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:16 PM
6 moms liked this
I am sure this Mom gets tired of Mom's like you and their perfect SN's. I am also sure she does focus on her DD and gives her plenty of support.

Thank God those days are over for me. I certainly didn't have kids to compete with Mom's such as yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:23 PM
5 moms liked this
All I have done is sit back and watch my child do her thing. She is naturally incredible. If others want the same then they should do more for their own. Or they should learn to not be sore losers!

Quoting Anonymous 2: I am sure this Mom gets tired of Mom's like you and their perfect SN's. I am also sure she does focus on her DD and gives her plenty of support.

Thank God those days are over for me. I certainly didn't have kids to compete with Mom's such as yourself.
JanetteA
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:24 PM
3 moms liked this

Well-- is your DD a stuck-up brat?  Or is she willing to use those gifts of hers to help others?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

No, not at all.  In fact, she has tons of friends of all types (achievers, non-achievers, gay, straight, trans, white, black, Indian, etc) and is quite humble about her achievements,  Her teachers love her and when it came time for scholarships her volunteer service got her many.

Quoting JanetteA:

Well-- is your DD a stuck-up brat?  Or is she willing to use those gifts of hers to help others?

imstilljenny
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:33 PM
4 moms liked this
You sound lovely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:34 PM
3 moms liked this
I see you're raising a brat.
marmie41
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:37 PM
Yappy is that you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:41 PM
3 moms liked this

I have raised an exceptional child.

She is always told by teachers, peers and administrators that she is sweet and good hearted.

She volunteers in her community.

The problem is that some others would like to have a kid like her.  When their own do not meet their expectations they cast shade on kids like my daughter.  It's unfortunate but they are doing their own no favors!

Quoting Anonymous 3: I see you're raising a brat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:41 PM

I like to talk but yappy?

Quoting marmie41: Yappy is that you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:49 PM
7 moms liked this
I think my toddler DD is exceptional and amazing. I recognize her limits and faults, and actively work on them - but regardless, I am very proud of her.

I think that is the way it should be.

I feel like it has become an unfortunate trend for parents to complain about their children, or treat them as an inconvenience.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)