Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"She's not welcome back"

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:30 PM
  • 28 Replies
So last Saturday sd spent the night at a friend's house. Personally I didn't care for the mom but I knew my kid was in good hands. When we picked sd up on Monday everything was fine. When I texted the mom she said sd was great and she'd call to set up another sleep over.

Well today I get a text from the mom saying I need to talk to sd. She was rude and disrespected the rules. Since she, the friend's mom, works she doesn't have time for this mess. She was really vague on what sd did other than not following the rules and being mean to her friends younger sister.

Normally I have mom's telling me that sd is wonderful and they can't wait to have her back. She's so helpful and so on. (She's a great kid. But i figured with the mom having her right after her best friend funeral that it might be her acting out.)

Well I finally get the mom to explain. They are a social media free house. Sd has a Facebook and they were playing on it. The mom didn't tell my sd this, she told her dd to explain the rules. That one was left off according to dd. Also according to this mom my sd asking to do something with just her friend (minus the friend's little sister) was rude and hurtful. Now in our home my kids are allowed to play with friends without siblings hanging around the whole time. Usually they invite each other to play as well but sometimes they just want to play with a friend alone.

I told the mom when I dropped sd off that if sd's kindle became a problem to let me know. I can shut it off remotely. She had my phone number, house and cell. As well as adding me on Facebook. So if sd was being bad she could have gotten a hold of me one way or another. She waited a week to tell me any of this. Then I had to pry details. She'd just tell me sd knew what she did wrong.

Sorry I didn't mean for this to be so long. As I was talking to this woman I couldn't help but think this stuff only happens on cm
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TinkTink205
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:41 PM

They sound crazy.  I wouldn't want my dd to go back.

texasma06
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. After I got the whole story I told dh I'm glad she's banned I'd hate to have to tell her no to going back.

We live in a poorer neighborhood. Her in laws also live out here but they have to go into town because the last refuses to allow her kids out here. I understand to a point but she was very snobby. Personally I wanted to duct tape her mouth shut. But she seemed like a good lady the other times I met her. Turns out i was very wrong.

Dh and I did explain that some parents have very different ways of raising their kids. In this case it means that her friendship with this girl has to stay at school.

Quoting TinkTink205:

They sound crazy.  I wouldn't want my dd to go back.

sexymamatoone
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:50 PM
It's social media free but she has a Facebook? Mom sounds like a but considering she said she was great and then wasn't. I wouldn't let sd stay over there any more.
texasma06
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:55 PM
Yeah. The mom never mentioned it. If she had I'd have taken care of it.

Sd won't be going back. We told her unfortunately some parents have different ways of raising their kids, which is their right. But the differences between our houses means this friendship will have to stay at school.

Quoting sexymamatoone: It's social media free but she has a Facebook? Mom sounds like a but considering she said she was great and then wasn't. I wouldn't let sd stay over there any more.
sexymamatoone
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:59 PM
How old are the girls? My oldest is 13 and doesn't have a Facebook bc I can't trust her with it. But I wouldn't mind if a friend had one and was on it. I don't get the rule considering not everyone raises their kids the same.

Quoting texasma06: Yeah. The mom never mentioned it. If she had I'd have taken care of it.

Sd won't be going back. We told her unfortunately some parents have different ways of raising their kids, which is their right. But the differences between our houses means this friendship will have to stay at school.

Quoting sexymamatoone: It's social media free but she has a Facebook? Mom sounds like a but considering she said she was great and then wasn't. I wouldn't let sd stay over there any more.
texasma06
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:05 PM
Sd is 11. Hers is seriously locked down. She's not allowed to post anything without approval, no pictures ever, no adding anyone without asking, ect... this list is long. We made it for her to be able to talk with her older sister who is in foster care. It's easier than phone calls. Sd doesn't have the password and I have hers logged on on my kindle in the browser. I check it every week. Go through messages everything.

I understand the no social media thing. Sd knows their house, their rules. If she knew the rule she'd have followed it. She knows that she gets punished otherwise. Since its summer she doesn't want to lose her privileges. Like swimming and leaving the house without her dad or myself. I was ready to ground her at first. Then the mom told me why and I was like nope. Not in trouble here. To me she did nothing wrong.

Quoting sexymamatoone: How old are the girls? My oldest is 13 and doesn't have a Facebook bc I can't trust her with it. But I wouldn't mind if a friend had one and was on it. I don't get the rule considering not everyone raises their kids the same.

Quoting texasma06: Yeah. The mom never mentioned it. If she had I'd have taken care of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I think all electronic gadgets should be off limits while visiting a friend's house so they can focus on each other company.  Wonder how previous generations ever survive without electronic devices.  rolleyes

texasma06
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Lol. I'm not sure. Mine can't seem to and complain when they are banned. I turn my off once a week and disconnect. We limit the tune they have on them. And if the mom had said anything I wouldn't have showed it to go. I have no problem with that.

I stash my nephews electronics as soon as they come through my door. Otherwise they never put them down.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I think all electronic gadgets should be off limits while visiting a friend's house so they can focus on each other company.  Wonder how previous generations ever survive without electronic devices.  rolleyes

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:20 PM

Wow, I think the woman actually did you a favor.  You really don't want your kid any where near that crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:24 PM
Sounds your sd is better off without that woman in her life. Ugh I hate drama.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)