Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nothing really big, but...

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:44 PM
  • 9 Replies

It really drives me crazy.

I am working mom and I can work up to 10 hours a day. I have 2 girls waiting for me when I get home, so I am never really "off the clock". Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom and this isnt about them. Its about my HUSBAND! 

I work a full day, come home and make dinner and NEVER does he thank me for it, all he does is criticize it. He will find some fault with it, no matter what. Now I don't expect a thank you for every meal, that would be silly. But if you have some silly issue with it, just don't say anything. Keep it to yourself. Does you telling me the chicken is a little dry change the chicken since you had to say it out loud? NOPE!  Just keep you face shut and deal. 

by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:46 PM

My husband and kids thank me for every meal I make. Why ? because they are thankful I cook. I dont have to and neither do you.

LTMommy29
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:53 PM

Your right, I sure don't. But then my kids probably wouldn't eat lol. They are only 5 and 2 and they gobble it up. No complaints. Just the husband, he finds fault with everything.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

My husband and kids thank me for every meal I make. Why ? because they are thankful I cook. I dont have to and neither do you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:56 PM
Have you told him this?
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:56 PM

Cook a few meals for just the kids and yourself. When he says wtf ? say You bitch about my cooking so much I thought you might want to cook for yourself. Be sure to smile while saying it.

Quoting LTMommy29:

Your right, I sure don't. But then my kids probably wouldn't eat lol. They are only 5 and 2 and they gobble it up. No complaints. Just the husband, he finds fault with everything.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

LTMommy29
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:04 PM

I sure have. But it doesn't make a difference. There is always something wrong with it. 

qoting Anonymous 1: Have you told him this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:25 PM

I have such a different relationship lol   My first reaction was why not ask him, ' when was the last time you cooked dinner for the family?  That's what I thought, so shut the fuck up"  I'm pretty mean lol

Honestly, I just wouldn't cook for him.  I wouldn't make enough for him, I would cook things he hates....and not enough of lol   I would let it be known that I do not have to cook for you, and you can go fuck yourself if you don't like what I make. don't eat it. you're not being forced.   

I also require that I'm appreciated for what I do, otherwise my vagina doesn't work.  It's just what happens. So you do and say what civilized fucking people do, or there will be no people fucking. 

I'm so wrong lololol  my dh will never divorce me....poor man should get cannonized after he dies. 

DarksMama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 12:57 AM

I'd cook for you and the kids, then tell him if he hates your cooking so much, you won't be wasting anymore time or food on him, and he can cook to his own specifications.

ZamilyMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly what I'd do if I were in your shoes!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Cook a few meals for just the kids and yourself. When he says wtf ? say You bitch about my cooking so much I thought you might want to cook for yourself. Be sure to smile while saying it.

Quoting LTMommy29:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 12, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Have him go shopping for frozen food for himself only to have whenever he wants it but you won't be fixing any food for him from now on and for him not to expect it.   You are just responsbile for yourself and kids here on out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)