Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid idiot

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
S/o celebrated his birthday last night. We went to dinner and a movie, and came home to hang out with friends. He was so pumped because he knew he could drink.

However, for weeks we have been seeking of that night. We made a limit for how much he could spend on alcohol and I requested that he not drink a lot because my pregnant hormonalness can't handle how stupid he gets and how rude he is towards me.

His friend handed him $40. Just looked at him said "happy birthday" and handed him $40 for drinks. Which I thought was nice of him but of course, he shouldn't have. That's a lot. Well, s/o not only spent that $40 but an additional $25. Our agreement was $15 because people were pitching in.

This pissed me off. I was done because he didn't take our talk or me into consideration. What was the icing on the cake, was him getting so drunk that he was rude to me and telling me to leave if I can't handle it.

I wouldn't be this livid about him drinking, seeing as how he's an adult. However, when the drink's of choice is hard liqour, and he doesn't have self control...well maybe you can see where my anger and dissapointment is.

I know I may be over exaggerating, but I'm currently high risk and told to stay calm and take it easy. Which is why we agree for him to take it easy with the drinking. But he didnt. Which stressed me out.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
You should have stayed home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2016 at 12:07 PM
We did. After the movie and dinner.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You should have stayed home.
YuppyMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2016 at 3:20 PM
4 moms liked this
Honestly, that sounds like the behavior of an alcoholic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 7, 2016 at 9:39 PM

Even though he doesn't drink daily? When I think of an alcoholic, I picture someone who needs a drink or multiple daily. I grew up with alcoholic relatives frown mini

Quoting YuppyMom: Honestly, that sounds like the behavior of an alcoholic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 7, 2016 at 9:49 PM

I grew up with an alcoholic father. I do not remember a single day that my dad went without drinking a lot of beer.

A few weeks ago, we went to my cousin's wedding reception. He had a beer in his hand all night long! We went to say good-bye to him and his new wife. He was slurring his speech REALLY BAD!! He had dated a lot of girls who all dumped him bc he refused to either stop drinking altogether, or to cut down. He drinks every night. He gets completely drunk at least 12 nights a month. I have a feeling his new wife is going to regret marrying him once she realizes he's NOT going to give up his drinking--not even for her! Its so sad really.

I'm so sorry your DH acted this way toward you OP. I hope things get better for you guys! HUGS!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2016 at 8:23 AM

It was his birthday.  I just don't see the big deal, it was one night. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2016 at 8:46 AM
If you knew how he gets when he drinks, you'd understand my anger.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

It was his birthday.  I just don't see the big deal, it was one night. 

lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2016 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this
You knew he was an asshole when he drinks . He treats you badly when he drinks . He never agreed to quit , yet you continued to see him and are now having his kid . Why ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2016 at 8:53 AM
He never used to drink. He started drinking when we moved in with our roommates in June. They are a bad influence. He doesn't drink often, but when he does, I can't deal with him.

Quoting lucky2Beeme: You knew he was an asshole when he drinks . He treats you badly when he drinks . He never agreed to quit , yet you continued to see him and are now having his kid . Why ?
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2016 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
So what is your plan ?

Quoting Anonymous 1: He never used to drink. He started drinking when we moved in with our roommates in June. They are a bad influence. He doesn't drink often, but when he does, I can't deal with him.

Quoting lucky2Beeme: You knew he was an asshole when he drinks . He treats you badly when he drinks . He never agreed to quit , yet you continued to see him and are now having his kid . Why ?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)