Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DH is acting like a douche - long vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I am ready to scream. A little bit of background. I was adopted and I met my birth family in 2013. My oldest birth brother told me that he was going to fight to have me put into the will and get a part of the inheritance from when my birth father died. Now, understand that this is nothing I would have expected. April of 2015 my birth father fell ill. While another brother and his wife were at the lawyer's office, or so they said, my sister in law called me and told me that they needed my information to give the lawyer to put into the will. I told my DH this and we were going to give the car I was driving to my SD and when I got my inheritance I would get another car. Didn't have to be a new one, just a car that was mine (the car I drove was in DH's name).

My birth father died in May of 2015. We gave the car to my SD, who, ironically enough, got a job working for my oldest brother. it finally came out that I was not in the will. It was a blow but I dealt with it. But now I had no car but since my SD was working for my brother, I figured she was getting good use out of it.  I work from home so me not having a car is more of an annoyance than anything. 

Fast forward to early this year. My brother is calling me and trying to figure out why my SD isn't coming into work. She's not answering text messages, phone calls, etc. It turns out that SD is down in Florida in drug rehab. So either his exwife is using the car that we gave to his DD, it's been sold for scrap, or its sitting idle at their house and by now it's junk. The car was a 1998 Toyota Corolla. It wasn't brand new but it ran and it got the job done.

Fast forward last night. My friends and I get together once a month. This month we are going to Lancaster where our one friend lives. DH doesn't want to pick me up on Sunday because we don't know what time we are getting back. So I had to call my mom, find out if she would be willing to bring me to meet my MIL in a town that's halfway between our houses. 

I told DH last night that she's not happy with the situation. He is like she better not be blaming me. I am like who the hell is she supposed to blame? He's the one who gave the car away. If i had gotten money from my BF"s estate, it would have been nice. But they didn't owe me that. If the tables were turned and I had given HIS car away, he'd be beyond pissed.

We have no money to get me a car. He works outside the home so I can't use his. We need to buy a new heater, a new washer and dryer, and a new fridge. But it pisses me off that he is getting mad at me for a situation that he caused. I hate being 44 years old and being dependant on other people. I am NOT going to sit at home just because I have no car. I have a life. My friends and I have been friends for over 25 years.

Thanks for listening. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jws120567
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:39 PM

I'm really sorry that your family is being unfair to you, that's not right.  Can't you drive back with the friends that are taking you to Lancaster?  Or you could take Greyhound there and back if someone can get you to the bus station.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2016 at 12:43 PM
I did ask my friend who I'm riding with to give me a ride and I'd give her gas money but she can't. I'm just going to stay with my parents Sunday night. My mom isn't mad at me she's just unhappy with the situation. It's h DH who is being a jerk.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)