Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just when I think I'm on top of it ....

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:01 PM
  • 23 Replies

something bursts my bubble ....

DD's tuition was paid, her uniforms and school supplies were purchased, vacation was done, waiting for my expense check from work with that, I was going to clear my credit card.  I was on top of things financially, I had a great weekend planned ahead but my check engine light was on in my car, brought it to the dealership this morning.... estimate for repairs $769.00.  My warrantee just ended 2 months ago. 

Now I have to re-think my whole budget for while ... all I have to say is thank god for credit cards ...

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Bummer.  I hate needing car repairs!

Quoting Jinxed8:

something bursts my bubble ....

DD's tuition was paid, her uniforms and school supplies were purchased, vacation was done, waiting for my expense check from work with that, I was going to clear my credit card.  I was on top of things financially, I had a great weekend planned ahead but my check engine light was on in my car, brought it to the dealership this morning.... estimate for repairs $769.00.  My warrantee just ended 2 months ago. 

Now I have to re-think my whole budget for while ... all I have to say is thank god for credit cards ...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2016 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Hope the following might help you.

I'm in love with a guy at AutoZone....

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/12755730/Im_in_love_with_a_guy_at_AutoZone

Car repair question on not getting scammed out of too much money
http://www.cafemom.com/group/112383/forums/read/18070416/Car_repair_question_on_not_getting_scammed_out_of_too_much_money

Coffeeholic82
by Member on Aug. 20, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Yuck. I'm sorry to hear that hun! Do you know a reliable mechanic who can tell you what you really need fixed & whats BS? Unfortunately I'm sure most of the $769 is labor too, not the actual parts. If nothing else google what they've told you & see just how important or not it is before paying that. My husband is a mechanic & he says most of the time depending on the honesty of the tech they TRY to find shit so they can make more hours. (In mechanic world if you dont have work you get paid zero so it encourages dishonesty. Gotta love it) 

Anyways ((hugs)) I know what you mean. I swear everytime I feel like I'm good something knocks me back on my ass to realize nope, you just thought you were. *sigh* I hope your weekend starts looking up for you!

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2016 at 2:50 AM

Something like that happens to me, every.............single..............time. I totally get it. My last "free" scheduled service on my car, that was included in the price when bought last year,  just cost me a very unexpected $160 in services that were not included in the regular maintenance. Go figure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2016 at 8:55 PM
So you have no savings set aside for emergencies? That's pretty irresponsible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2016 at 9:09 PM
Wow, really??? Take your insults elsewhere.

Quoting Anonymous 3: So you have no savings set aside for emergencies? That's pretty irresponsible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2016 at 9:13 PM
I didn't think that was insulting at all. Nowhere in my post did I call you an idiot, a moron, a jack ass or a big dummy. Nor did I mention the fact that you're going to rack up credit card debt. I just said it was irresponsible for you not to be prepared for emergencies. Life is full of them. Get used to it!

Quoting Anonymous 4: Wow, really??? Take your insults elsewhere.

Quoting Anonymous 3: So you have no savings set aside for emergencies? That's pretty irresponsible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2016 at 9:19 PM
I'm not the OP,but calling her irresponsible is an insult. Some ppl go through hard times. She had credit cards and said she has to adjust her budget. So that doesn't seem irresponsible to me.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I didn't think that was insulting at all. Nowhere in my post did I call you an idiot, a moron, a jack ass or a big dummy. Nor did I mention the fact that you're going to rack up credit card debt. I just said it was irresponsible for you not to be prepared for emergencies. Life is full of them. Get used to it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 21, 2016 at 9:29 PM
Or she could keep money in savings for these types of issues and she wouldn't have to use credit cards or redo her budget. THAT would be responsible.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I'm not the OP,but calling her irresponsible is an insult. Some ppl go through hard times. She had credit cards and said she has to adjust her budget. So that doesn't seem irresponsible to me.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I didn't think that was insulting at all. Nowhere in my post did I call you an idiot, a moron, a jack ass or a big dummy. Nor did I mention the fact that you're going to rack up credit card debt. I just said it was irresponsible for you not to be prepared for emergencies. Life is full of them. Get used to it!

GreenOwl15
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2016 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you Dave Ramsey? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)