• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex - is a jerk

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

Why is it my ex always needs to make things difficult?  He is constantly telling me I'm not a good mother etc.  He loves to pass judgement.  And never has anything nice to say aboutme in front of our children.  Yes, I was the one who cheated and I know there is no excuse for that, however he never takes responsibility for his part in the demise of our marriage.  It's all because of me.  Now fast forward 3 years I am remarrying and he still goes on about how I screwed him over. OMG get over it already! our other aurguments are always over money, our daughter is a competitive gymnast.  She iso n the national level, in the last 3 years he hasn;t contributed one cent toward her expenses but has the audacity to show up at meets.  My finance gave our oldest son a car, I asked him to insure it and and I got a song and dance about it.  Then when the car broke down, he bitches about it, like its his money going into it.  Oh, and in order for him to give our son his 2001 used car so he can buy himself a new car he watns me to drop child support! Is he delusional? He also has a problem with me going on a honeymoon.  I mean I can go on and on but I think that about gives you the gist of what he is like.  

I thought once he started dating and I we both moved on things would change but no.  He harbors such resentment and anger towards me and doesn't hide how he talks about me in front of our children.

I just don't know how to deal with him because until the youngest is an adult, I will have this moron in my life.

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:00 PM

I have no advice, just want you to know you're not alone with having a hatin' ex.  My exh is like that too.  We have both moved on.  We divorced because he cheated on me.  It's been 3 years and he still bad mouths me to the kids....they are 11 yo, 6 yo, and 4 yo.  He even bad mouths my parents...who are dead now but were very nice to him when they were alive.

As hard as it is, just resist the urge to tell your kids bad things about him too.  One day they will see what's going on, and that their dad keeps talking bad about mom.  Hopefully one day he'll stop that shit and finally move on.  Just ignore his hating ass.  Don't tell him any more than you absolutely have to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:06 PM
Some people just gotta hate. He has every right to not move on and be angry. It's his life.

The rest is just stupid noise. Ignore his man tantrum
12thMom
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:12 PM

He's trying to bait you into any kind of argument, to use against you.  He's a narcissist, and a controlling bastard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:55 PM

You know you can have it made so he can't say things like that in front of the children. Plus you can use that against him in court. A good parent doesn't talk shit about the other parent in front of their children. I knew someone who had to actually put this in their divorce/custody agreement because of the shit talking her ex was doing. The kids were old enough to know that its wrong and would tell their mother because they felt they were trying to protect her. It just drove a wedge between him and his children to the point now they want absolutely nothing to do with him. 

Other than that ex-husbands can be a royal pain in the ass. Luckily I don't have kids with my ex. We divorced in 2009 after I left him because of him being very abusive in any way you can imagine and I finally realized I didn't deserve it. A couple of weeks ago my husband and I ran into him at the gym and he took off running watching me do weight lifting. It was so funny. 

hateaway
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:00 PM
At least your not stuck with his ass.

And I agree with your frustration but he should be able to show up to meets even though he doesn't pay. I'm sure your daughter likes the support.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)