Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just irritated!!

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
I worked all day. I have worked 10 days without a day off. My MIL wanted us to bring the kids to a spooky hay ride/bonfire thing a friend of hers was having. Here it is almost 8 and I am sitting in my car. I am hurting, hungry and tired. I work tomorrow. We didn't park in the right place so my kids missed the hayride. Then my husband had an attitude. Instead of arguing with him, I decided to sit in my car. I am ready to go home, but decided to wait for the kids to eat. I am so aggravated I want to cry. I haven't eaten since 8 this morning. I am now too sick to my stomach now to eat
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sissy-Smurf
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:12 PM

When's your next day off? And why couldn't your husband just take them to this activity and you stay home to rest?

Jellybean5
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
It seems that you didn't speak up for yourself and let your husband know how tired/overwhelmed you are feeling. Maybe you should have asked him to take the kids or decline the invitation to go at all. Women tend to do this as we try to be everything to everybody. I have been guilty of it myself. It sucks!!

Chalk it up to a lesson learned, and do better next time. Hope you feel better and get something to eat!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 23, 2016 at 10:47 PM

You should have just let your husband take them and you rest at home.

maureen813
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 10:55 PM

Sometimes as mothers we are trying to do it all for our families and we feel terribly guilty and responsible for every ones happiness and well being while we ignore our own basic need for rest and nourishment. We end up feeling depleted and exhausted. Please take care of yourself and express and communicate what you need to your husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)