• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I over reacting?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I've been talking to this guy for a while now.
Since he's in a different state a few hours away
We have been talking through text, calls and FaceTime, with visits as our schedule allows. He's an MD in a residency program and I'm a nurse
In our home state. I've known him a good decade. I know it makes me sound super obsessive but all day yesterday and today I haven't heard from him. We usually talk all day through text and FaceTime when we get off work. The messages I've sent him are shown as delivered but he hasn't read any of mine today. I'm just really confused and a little worried.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:15 PM
Something probably came up.
Crafting_Momma
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
You are overreacting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:18 PM
Maybe he broke his phone or lost it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:18 PM
I hope it's just something minor but it's very confusing considering we talk all day long on text, phone calls, and FaceTime. Even when he's on call and doing rotations, and I'm working long shifts! Just really weird.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Something probably came up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:21 PM
I hope so but he has an iPad and laptop he could email me from. I am just worried about getting my heart broken again and also a fear in the back of my mind of what if something happened to him....

Quoting Anonymous 3: Maybe he broke his phone or lost it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Being in the healthcare industry yourself, you should know how unpredictable it can be at times.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I hope it's just something minor but it's very confusing considering we talk all day long on text, phone calls, and FaceTime. Even when he's on call and doing rotations, and I'm working long shifts! Just really weird.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Something probably came up.
kiwiskiwi29
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:30 PM
I would give it a couple days before freaking out. I know easier said done. I'm pretty sure people in the healthcare field can get pretty busy at times.
GLO682
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
It only takes one second to text.
I don't think you are overreacting.
Element5
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 8:03 AM
Give the benefit of a doubt.. my hubby is a dr and at times he can go for a full shift without calling.. you know yourself how crazy it can get.
ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Considering you aren't dating, or in a relationship, (by your own admission you are just "talking"), I think you sound obsessive and desperate. He's in another state, you've made nothing official. I think you've created a relationship that isn't really there, and you should probably back away now because you've made more of this than there is, and you are probably going to get your heart broken.

I mean that, whether he texts you back or not. Unless something happens where he says he wants to commit to you, I would back off. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)