Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I have not worked in 2 months and I have applied to every place and just hear nothing back and if I call they say oh we hired someone.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madamlunna213
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:19 PM
Have you tried fast food restaurants? It may not be the best job but it's a paycheck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:37 PM
I have and nothing

Quoting madamlunna213: Have you tried fast food restaurants? It may not be the best job but it's a paycheck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:41 AM
What type of experience do you have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:47 AM
Childcare and retail

Quoting Anonymous 2: What type of experience do you have?
nanny1918
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 10:51 PM
Go on care.com
Nanny
Housekeeper
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 31, 2016 at 10:20 AM

It took me 5 months to get a part-time job at the Dollar Tree and at Cracker Barrel.  Both jobs hired me at the same time.  One month later I got the office position that I was praying for.

Don't give up - sometimes it takes a long time to get hired. Just keep applying everywhere.

Hope it comes thru for you soon.  =)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 31, 2016 at 10:26 AM
I've been looking for a part time job with no luck as well. A lot of places here require evenings and weekends in which I'm only available for mornings. I've applied at most fast food places too lol. I'm confident something will come eventually, luckily I'm not in need of a job, I'd just like to have one lol
Maime13
by Member on Oct. 31, 2016 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't give up!! Job hunting is a full-time job! lol

Be persistent. Also, have an objectiver person take a look at your resume. You might need to punch it up and give it some flourish. If you don't have one, make one asap...even for fast food. Line up your references so you'll be ready should they ask. Also, while not everyone will ask be sure to write a cover letter. Some places allow you space for one when applying online. It's a good place to sell yourself. 

I got a part-time job after being a SAHM for almost 20 years. Making a resume and filling out applications isn't a lot of fun when you have a hole that big on paper! The cover letter portion really allowed me space to explain what they weren't seeing in that hole and help make me a more desirable applicant.

It's tough when pretty much everyone only takes applications online and no one wants to speak to you on the phone. Follow up your applications in person. Even if corporate is weeding out candidates and sending the list to hiring managers, having your face and your name in the manager's mind is going to be a benefit. 

Word of mouth is a great for finding a job. Make sure that everyone knows you are looking! Even that cashier whose line you always get in at the grocery. Ask around if anyone knows if their place of employement is hiring, then you've got an inside reference. 

lucybrown1973
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2016 at 3:54 PM

How about Hallmark --I love those card stores!  How about day care in your home for the neighborhood kids?

pinkcoffeecup
by Member on Oct. 31, 2016 at 6:21 PM

Me too, still out of work.  Oh there are jobs by me.  But only part time hours. Like 15-20 hours a week.  8.50-9.50$ an hour in wages.  Not much with benefits.  If I don't find a decent full time job with benefits by Christmas. I might just have to settle for a part time job.  Till something better comes along.  I wish you luck on finding something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)