Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm about to just give up.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
The Wednesday before Easter my dh was laid off from is job. We worked for a company hat did cement casing for oil rigs. The company decided to shut down that department without giving notice.. 3 week later he got a job as a over the road truck driver. He was gone 6 days a week was home for 24 hours then gone again. I started working with on of his buddies wife as a housekeeper to help pay the bills. After 2 months of working with her she screwed me over and that ended us working together. Dh wasn't making much and most of his checks were either a little over $300 or $500. He found a different job but and I'm now unable to work because we only jave vehicle that dh needs for work. We have 3 kids and have been struggling every since to get back onbour feet but it hasn't been easy as we've been hit with one thing after another since the lay off. We're about to lose our home and know matter how hard we try or what we do nothing works. I am to the point were I just want to give up. I battle depression and anxiety and have been having weekly panic attacks to the point it feels like Im actually having a heart attack. I don't get how good hard working people who bust their butts end up losing everything while you have people who don't work or do anything and they make it just fine. I have completely ost alk faith in god because of it.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HopeFloats2017
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:08 AM
Can family help you not lose your house? Can you short sale it?
blessedmommie07
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

*hugs* I'm sorry it's been rough. We had a rough couple years at one time and only survived by family helping us and then our church for the last 6 months of the rough patch. Even now we are much better then we are but it still feels like 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Don't give up! I know it's hard to hold on hope and faith but sometimes focusing on even the smallest positive can help, like how the weather was nice today. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:21 AM
Neither one of our families are willing to help and the only option e have selling wise is one of those we buy ugly house companies as our house does need work. It was a foreclosure when we bought it 6 years ago and we're still finding issues the last family caused. We were getting ready to do a lot repairs and updating to it when dh was laid off so all of it was put on hold. But in order for us to be able to get a smaller home loan we have to be able to put down and good down payment and the we buy ugly house companies like to only offer what you still owe.

Quoting HopeFloats2017: Can family help you not lose your house? Can you short sale it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:22 AM
Thank you

Quoting blessedmommie07:

*hugs* I'm sorry it's been rough. We had a rough couple years at one time and only survived by family helping us and then our church for the last 6 months of the rough patch. Even now we are much better then we are but it still feels like 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Don't give up! I know it's hard to hold on hope and faith but sometimes focusing on even the smallest positive can help, like how the weather was nice today. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
When my sister was about to lose her house, she rented it out for a year. That allowed for her mortgage to be paid and not lose it. The area she lives in, rent was higher than her mortgage so she had extra income off of how much she charged in rent. Her mortgage was 1200 and renting in her area was almost double that, so she got an additional 950 a month which helped pay her bills while she was renting a studio apartment.
Maime13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM

What will you do after you sell? 

Have you talked with the bank? Are they not willing to work with you?  

Quoting Anonymous 1: Neither one of our families are willing to help and the only option e have selling wise is one of those we buy ugly house companies as our house does need work. It was a foreclosure when we bought it 6 years ago and we're still finding issues the last family caused. We were getting ready to do a lot repairs and updating to it when dh was laid off so all of it was put on hold. But in order for us to be able to get a smaller home loan we have to be able to put down and good down payment and the we buy ugly house companies like to only offer what you still owe.
Quoting HopeFloats2017: Can family help you not lose your house? Can you short sale it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:27 PM

God designed a system with some randomness in it. Beautiful babies are born with bad hearts, Good people hit terrible potholes in life. 

NO ONE is without problems. The la-di-da family has a dad who drinks secretly in the garage. You just don't know it. 

The economy melted down and took people with it. If you are going to lose your house, go to the mortgage company and see about a re-fi. Interest rates are at an all time low. GO to the bank you use for checking and ask to talk to someone about your financial situation. Rescue your financial good will FIRST. Otherwise, a bad credit score will up your insurance, etc. 

Are your kids old enough to work? If so, get them working. 

Have a family meeting and tell them times have changed through no one's fault, but you are rethinking everything. Cut that cable, go to cheap burner phones, audit everything. 

I have been there and done all that. We moved a thousand miles to a place with a far lower cost of living (we are retired and on a fixed income), but it was harder than I ever believed. But if we can do it, YOU CAN DO IT TOO. 

You need some exercise to blow of steam. Run, walk, pound a heavy bag with boxing gloves, but exercise -- to exorcise those worries. 

GOOD LUCK> 

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:55 PM
I did that, the "we buy ugly houses" company things, and it saved our financial lives. We were in a bad spot 5 years ago, not as bad as you but still really bad. We were going to lose everything and I had lost all hope. Working with a house flipping company allowed us to get out of that mortgage for no more money out of our pocket. We lost all of our equity, but we didn't care. We didn't need to make money, we just needed to quit losing it.

ETA: When I say that we didn't need to make money, I should say that if course we needed to be making more money at that time, but we were just ecstatic to not have that burden of a mortgage anymore hanging over us. We were drowning.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Neither one of our families are willing to help and the only option e have selling wise is one of those we buy ugly house companies as our house does need work. It was a foreclosure when we bought it 6 years ago and we're still finding issues the last family caused. We were getting ready to do a lot repairs and updating to it when dh was laid off so all of it was put on hold. But in order for us to be able to get a smaller home loan we have to be able to put down and good down payment and the we buy ugly house companies like to only offer what you still owe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:27 PM

Do not give up your faith. God is there to help you, just pray to him and thank him for everything he has given you, like your husband, your kids, thank him for you, thank him for the food that you all have. The more you thank him, the more good will come out of it. You say you only have one vehicle that dh has to have for work. Find a job where you get off before dh, so you can pick him up for work, or advertise to keep a few kids. You can also go to ratrace rebellion, they hire people to work from home, and it is jobs, not a business. So, you actually get a pay check. My sister worked for Live ops, she got the job through ratrace rebellion. She worked for them for 3 years. She made great money. The lowest amount of hours that you can put in is 20 hrs, but you can put 50 hrs a week in, if you want to. You get paid every 2 weeks, so one week she would put in 30 hrs, and the next week she would put in 55 hrs. I have seen her pay checks be 1200 for 2 weeks, and I have seen them be 800.00 every 2 weeks.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:05 PM

I'm so sorry for your troubles, a job loss is devastating. Can you move all the kids into one room and rent out the other one? Or do like the previous poster said and rent out the whole house? Where I live one of my extra bedrooms brings in $600 a month. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)