• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got a job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
At TJ Maxx. I am excited but nervous since I am a more laid back dresser. I dress in jeans,t shirts or comfy clothes. I need to dress business casual and I have nothing like that and don't have extra money right now to shop.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:50 PM

TJ Max has a credit card.  Why don't you open up a store account and buy a few outfits for work?

Bagira62
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:31 PM
What is business casual? I would think that it would be jeans (slacks) and a blouse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:55 PM
It's dress shirts and pants
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:15 PM
I can't afford that right now. I am a single mom and just staring

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

TJ Max has a credit card.  Why don't you open up a store account and buy a few outfits for work?

GayleTX
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Goodwill. Women's Crisis Center. Salvation Army. Church clothes closets. Garage sales. I know teachers who dress business casual, look professional all the time.....and everything they have come from one or more of these places.  

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2016 at 11:30 AM

You won't see the bill for 21-30 days and the minimum payment will probably be in the $15-$30 range.  The great thing about store credit cards is you pay off your purchases over time.  The bad thing is that the interest rate is high and you'll end up paying more, but if you're desperate for appropriate clothes and don't have the cash to out right spend, using a store card will allow you to buy cloths now and pay it off a little bit at a time over many months.

And, getting a store credit card and making regular payments is an easy way to build up a good credit history.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can't afford that right now. I am a single mom and just staring
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

shannon1216
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2016 at 12:59 PM
Can you ask a friend to borrow some tops until you get paid? And if you have black pants they with everything
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 12, 2016 at 6:50 PM

I'm glad you got the job and just in time for that extra money for the holidays. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)