Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our white elephant party ruined!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Every year for the last 3 years we have hosted a White elephant party. We do an adult pile and a kids pile. Adults steal from adults and children from children. We set a 10 dollar cap on gifts. We provide most of the food, but if someone would like to bring food, it is fine. We really juat enjoy the fun and thier company. Invited a new couple and thier 2 kids(6 and 10) last night.

Well we pulled our numbers and started playing. The kids went first. Thier kids were so mean. They got mad cause someone wanted thier gift. They threw fits. Well we got done doing that and I had cookies the kids could decorate. They fought over icing and sprinkles. They broke one of my plates. The 6 year old slapped my 5 year old and thier mom didn't do anything. After everyone left, I told my DH, I would never invite them again.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K3412
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry your party was ruined. Hopefully the other people still had a nice time. Sounds warranted that you never event them to your parties again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:04 AM

This new couple, hadn't you known how their kids acted around others prior to inviting them? 

lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Sorry thats horrible. I wouldnt ever invite them again to anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:31 PM

How disappointing your party was ruined. Sad too because clearly these kids have the need to hoard stuff for whatever reason, most kids don't act that way over little things. I agree to not inviting them again. 

eyes4ears
by Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:36 PM
Sorry, some people just don't know how to behave in public
illogicalkat
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:37 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't believe parties are "ruined" unless emergency services are called.

That said, I don't blame you for crossing that family off the guest list. 

nanny1918
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 3:18 PM
That's terrible.
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Wow, bratty kids! Sounds like a fun party though, other than that!

Glitch202
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this

They would have left the moment the little brat touched my kid and the mom did nothing about it.  GRRRR SNORT!!!angry

HappyMommyToo
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 8:51 PM
I am sorry that happened, I know I have invited people over..and after they left with their kid..(acted COMPLETELY different in my home, then in the public setting) I haven't had them over again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)