Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fed up with people thinking it is really easy for me to be slim!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Yes, I am slim and I'm fedup with the comments from people around me. People saying it is ok for you, you are slim. You just don't put weight on easily like I do, you can eat what you want, etc.

Well, no, I can't eat whatever I want. I am careful and that is the reason I am slim. I rarely eat cakes, unhealthy foods. If I do eat a slice of cake people pressure me to have more because it doesn't matter apparently. 

They think I don't know what it is like to be overweight. Yes, I can because I was overweight and lost it all and am determined to keep slim now. 

I wouldn't critique overweight people on their food choices.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:59 AM
I think you're strong and doing great. People slim shame as easily as they fat shame, they just don't realize it. No matter what size you are, someone will find something wrong with it. You work hard and it shows. They are jelous of your hardwork. :) you're amazing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:03 AM
There's always going to be someone who has something negative to say. Just keep your chin up, know you're right, and let it roll off your back
MonarchMom22
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:04 AM

Commenting on what people eat or not is rude.  Commenting on how much people weight is rude. Commenting on other people's metabolism, appearance or life-style choices is rude.

Why people don't know this is beyond me. Everyone of us is well aware of what we look like, what we eat, how much we weigh, etc. There is no need for any comments.

crochetnewb
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:07 AM
I wish I had the willpower you do. I'm not overweight but I have a few extra pounds I'd like to get rid of around the mid section.
ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:22 AM

I have the same problems. I am very health conscious, not just because I don't want to gain weight, but because I eat for optimum total body health. I stay away from refined sugar and wheat. Sometimes I feel like its a game, and that people would feel like they won or something if they got me to eat poorly. People make comments to me all the time like, "1 slice isn't going to hurt you", or "you are super thin, you can totally eat a piece", or the one I hate most, "you have to live a little!"

I am living. And, I intend on living a long time, as healthy as I can be. That is the point. No one likes it when I say that, though. LOL. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:41 AM
Pretty sure this was a "Dear Abby" or Ann Landers letter a few years back.
DramaLlamaMama
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:23 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how many people have absolutely no filter. They don’t give consideration to their audience, and often end up saying things that are rude, condescending, or downright mean. 

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:39 PM

No one should eat cake all the time.  It should be a rare treat for everyone.  This is the reason that diabetes and obesity is rampant in this country.   It sounds like you're doing exactly what everyone else should be doing.  Watch what they eat, eat healthy and reserve junk food to an occasional treat and don't over do the treats when you eat them.  

I worked with a young woman who had a fast metabolism and could eat like King Henry VIII and not gain a pound, she still stayed a size 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)