Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Skunks are F’ing Bas#$^$

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I hate skunks. My dog got sprayed by one this morning,and now the whole house will reek for weeks! I seriously want to harm these bastards so badly, because all they do is make everything stink for weeks on end and to be honest, I would rather have mono than live in a skunk-scented hellhole!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:30 PM

oh yeah the smell is putrid !  My dog got skunked 2 years ago all I did was grab her and ran from the patio door, up the stairs, into the shower and the entire house smelled for days, my daughter's bedroom is closest to the bathroom and her room smelled as if the dog had been in there and laid on the floor. 

Skunks are really cute but I don't wanna see them, smell them or have them near my house

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya.  Try spraying the dog down in febreeze after you bathe him with baking soda and shampoo.  Spray febreeze in the air in all the rooms like you would air freshener too.  

We would get 'skunked' on a regular basis in my old neighborhood.  We couldn't even open the windows on a nice night because we would be woken up by skunk odor coming in the window.  It was horrible.  We don't have any skunks where we live, think goodness.  

IHaveFrogLegs
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 3:55 PM
My dog hot skunked once.I bathed her in tomato juice. It seemed to work.Then when she got wet she still looking smellwd.So,I took her to be professionalluggage desk unless.
She still smelled like skunk everyone she got wet for months and months
Tigress22304
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

SMH Hit Costco for tomato juice-scrub the dog down in the juice

yeah it's gonna smell like skunk but the juice will help

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 4:28 PM

I remember when I was young and I had a cat that went into heat.   Heard her really wailing.  skunks meow similar to cats and boy did she get duped!  She came back stinking so bad!    Another time my dad got his first and only ticket for crossing a solid center line in the middle of BFE Texas.  He went around a skunk because he didn't want his truck stinking for the next 50 miles.  Stupid cop.  Needed a life

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 4:37 PM

Put an e-collar aka cone collar so the dog won't lick off the febreeze.  I'd rinse the dog again after the febreeze dries.  

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I hear ya.  Try spraying the dog down in febreeze after you bathe him with baking soda and shampoo.  Spray febreeze in the air in all the rooms like you would air freshener too.  

We would get 'skunked' on a regular basis in my old neighborhood.  We couldn't even open the windows on a nice night because we would be woken up by skunk odor coming in the window.  It was horrible.  We don't have any skunks where we live, think goodness.  

runningbear123
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 5:07 PM

Google it for the exact recipe, but I went through this recently and nothing works better.  It was a mix of hydrogen peroxide, dawn soap, water, and baking soda.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)