Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well Damn! That Backfired!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:27 PM
  • 11 Replies

Things have been pretty tough for us for the past six months or so.  So I decided to smudge the house with some sage, hoping that that would help cleanse the house of all the bad spirits and things.

I did it two days ago.  Last night my marble rolling pin flew off the top shelf of my cabinet.  Damn.  That thing weighs about ten pounds and it was set in there in such a way that it simply could not roll off!

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
superbutt
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:28 PM
did it break?
Glitch202
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 3:30 PM

No.

Quoting superbutt: did it break?

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 4:19 PM

Put a marble up on the shelf and see if it rolls off. Houses settle after a while and floors become unlevel.  

Glitch202
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:12 PM

Not when it is placed in between to pans in such a way that it cannot roll and the pans didn't move.  It did, however, land on some new casserole pots that I haven't taken out of the boxes yet. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Put a marble up on the shelf and see if it rolls off. Houses settle after a while and floors become unlevel.  

joshsgirl12
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:37 PM
Creepy
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:44 PM

Glad it didn't break.  I've always wanted a marble rolling pin.  It didn't break the pots, did it?

Quoting Glitch202:

Not when it is placed in between to pans in such a way that it cannot roll and the pans didn't move.  It did, however, land on some new casserole pots that I haven't taken out of the boxes yet. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

pinkcoffeecup
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:14 PM

That is creepy.  I have crucifixes hanging all over the house. I get weird about spirits,demons and such. I have bottles of holy water from our church.

Glitch202
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 8:26 AM

I don't think so, they are still in the Styrofoam. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Glad it didn't break.  I've always wanted a marble rolling pin.  It didn't break the pots, did it?

Quoting Glitch202:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 19, 2017 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Yikes. Maybe try holy water next.

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 11:05 AM

This old house does some weird settling noises. Sometimes you'd swear up and down someone was in here clanging dishes or opening cabinet doors.  One time i was sitting on the front porch heard a big crash.  never did find out what made that noise

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)